E-05 Rolling Road Figures, and Graph

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
I would exspect a golf to make 270-280bhp and an Ibiza 250-270bhp. I aint no tech bod, but if people dont try we will never know. I only ever exspected to make 250bhp and 270lbs ft and i would be very very happy at this level, i note your point on small port heads and ibiza's generally make less power than golfs but this is okay because the ibiza weighs less and can make up for it in this way. I was also lead to believe that the small port head does make less bhp but more torque.:cheers:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Originally posted by Madmile
I would exspect a golf to make 270-280bhp and an Ibiza 250-270bhp. I aint no tech bod, but if people dont try we will never know. I only ever exspected to make 250bhp and 270lbs ft and i would be very very happy at this level, i note your point on small port heads and ibiza's generally make less power than golfs but this is okay because the ibiza weighs less and can make up for it in this way. I was also lead to believe that the small port head does make less bhp but more torque.:cheers:

Well.......... you would think that.
I have a dynoplot in front of me tho which shows the same torque as my smallport and more bhp, from less boost than I run.

MKIV Golf.

CustardCupra

Feb 2, 2002
Cleveland
Visit site
Large port head is allways an option on the ibiza .
Think its approx £400 exchange , unless i'm wrong .

This will be an option i am considering ,
more bhp ( 10 BHP approx ) on EO5 with hopefully a little less ( Gearbox friendly) Torque ,.

Will also have uprated FORGE smic & waterspray ,
Milltek Turbo back sports cat and 2.5" milltek Zorst allready in place , so would think 270 bhp not too far away .

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
Originally posted by CustardCupra
Large port head is allways an option on the ibiza .
Think its approx £400 exchange , unless i'm wrong .

This will be an option i am considering ,
more bhp ( 10 BHP approx ) on EO5 with hopefully a little less ( Gearbox friendly) Torque ,.

Will also have uprated FORGE smic & waterspray ,
Milltek Turbo back sports cat and 2.5" milltek Zorst allready in place , so would think 270 bhp not too far away .

Where can you get a large port head for approx £400 exchange. I may be interested in getting one myself.

Cheers
Ben

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Is it fair to compare a ihi'd ibiza/golf to an e05'd ibiza?.

Its an airflow related thing..
Probably lesser so on an E05 granted.

Not a general statement tho. I was very surprised at how the largeport looked to have worked. Was expecting better mid from smallport.

When I have swapped to largeport I'll be able to tell ya from experience.

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Also spoke to Eurocode tuning today, the power run was one of three this was the lowest reading 234bhp 275lbs ft. In california fuel is of a very poor quality, additives are added to fuel in California to prevent high emissions also exhaust emmisions need to be lower than most other areas so the exhaust systems are very restrictive. On a like for like vehicle 91 octane fuel made 20bhp less than 93 octane fuel (ie eo5'd auditt vs e05'd auditt same car diff fuel. I would hope optimax would be of a higher quality than 91 octane american fuel.

vibrio

POAH
May 10, 2002
Glasgow
www.poah.co.uk
http://www.ecodetuning.com/Pictures/e05/e05blades.jpg

ko3 vs ko4 vs e05.

Just a note the pipe which goes into the side of the stnd wg actuator is blanked off as the e05 does not require the use of this pipe. Basically the pipe that goes into the top of the stnd wg also goes into the same position on the E-05. :)

I'm guessing teh compressor wheel is about 10mm bigger than the KO3

CustardCupra

Feb 2, 2002
Cleveland
Visit site
Originally posted by GolfTTish
Had mine run at AMD today and put down 247hp, 280lb/ft. Bear in mind that this is running a ko3 map with bigger injectors, so fueling is decidedly iffy. There's a fair bit more to come.

Looking promising .
have you a sportscat and downpipe on aswell??
With proper mapping i would think 270 bhp and 300lbft should be a realistic figure .

vibrio

POAH
May 10, 2002
Glasgow
www.poah.co.uk
Had mine run at AMD today and put down 247hp, 280lb/ft. Bear in mind that this is running a ko3 map with bigger injectors, so fueling is decidedly iffy. There's a fair bit more to come.

can I see the graph?

CustardCupra

Feb 2, 2002
Cleveland
Visit site
No. haven't got a scanner, and it's being run at the scn rr day next weekend, so i'm sure graphs will be posted after that.

the figures were from a third power run in abaout 5mins, as it kept wheelspinning on the rollers.
the 4th run did 243/280 about a minute later.

Chances are Run 1& 2 were nearer 255bhp as Run 3&4 will have heatsoaked .

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members