E-05 Rolling Road Figures, and Graph

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
Originally posted by CustardCupra
Chances are Run 1& 2 were nearer 255bhp as Run 3&4 will have heatsoaked .

How long does it take to recover from heatsoak? I would of guessed at only 30 seconds to a minute of off boost driving, but I don't know. Anyone ever logged this with VAGCOM?

Ben

CustardCupra

Feb 2, 2002
Cleveland
Visit site
Originally posted by BenS1
How long does it take to recover from heatsoak? I would of guessed at only 30 seconds to a minute of off boost driving, but I don't know. Anyone ever logged this with VAGCOM?

Ben

Yeah of off boost driving but this is the crazy world of RR's ,
Was the car run up and left to cool on its own for 5 mins then ran back up ???,
you know how hot everything gets when left to stand with no cooling .

I'm sure if you ran a car up on a RR then took it out on the road with Vagcom you are gonna get 2 contrasting results favouring the vagcom figures .

Glenn

Oct 15, 2001
Visit site
Gents, if you look back to the results I posted from my day at Goodwood with the GRS, you'll see that out in 'real world' airflow, heat soak isn't really a problem.

When I got back into the pits I opened the bonnet and the manifold was absolutely stone cold, despite the 6K RPM per gear out on circuit.

Come back 5 minutes later, the manifold is too hot to touch - which demonstrates how much cars on RR days must suffer.
It seems that with good charge cooling, the inlet manifold acts as a heat sink for the cylinder head. Kinda makes me think things like power gaskets might be counter-productive while on the move?

vibrio

POAH
May 10, 2002
Glasgow
www.poah.co.uk
Originally posted by GolfTTish
No. haven't got a scanner, and it's being run at the scn rr day next weekend, so i'm sure graphs will be posted after that.

the figures were from a third power run in abaout 5mins, as it kept wheelspinning on the rollers.
the 4th run did 243/280 about a minute later.

when are you getting full boost compared to the KO3?

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
My E-05 is fitted as of today. And is being mapped by jabba on Monday. Initial impressions are the turbo whistles very loudly on spool up, and i now have some lovely wastegate chatter. :cheers:

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
Originally posted by Madmile
My E-05 is fitted as of today. And is being mapped by jabba on Monday. Initial impressions are the turbo whistles very loudly on spool up, and i now have some lovely wastegate chatter. :cheers:

So no significant noticable increase in power at the moment then (As you didn't mention it)? Hope the remap makes a big difference.

Cheers
Ben

Dec 9, 2002
CARDIFF
Visit site
GolfTTish i am very interested in this conversion you have ,i will speak in more detail on sunday .I did talk to you the time before last RR at stealth,had the red revo beeza then ,this turbo sounds like what i want for project Q:D :cheers: Andy.

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Originally posted by BenS1
So no significant noticable increase in power at the moment then (As you didn't mention it)? Hope the remap makes a big difference.

Cheers
Ben

I was advised not to go silly Ben and rev the knackers of the car, it is still running a 3 bar fpr and stock k03 superchip. So as i have not tried to give it any and as the ness parts are not fitted i would not yey exspect to have noticed any diff. At the end of the day ben if apr's ko4 makes 235bhp, and 260lbs ft, i would exspect jabba to extract 15-20bhp more from an e05 and 10-30lbs ft more torque. No one knows what to exspect until revo's car is dynoed tomorrow or mine is done on monday. I did give it a little squirt in 2nd and on dry roads there was a big diff from 3500rpm to 5000rpm where i came off the gas. I am sure it will rev to the red line far better than the k03.

I guess if you fitted a ihi kit and left your remap in place and your 3 bar and your stock injectors your car would make not much more power as when fitted with a k03.

Last edited:

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
Fair enough.

Interesting that you say that the APR K04 gets 235bhp, because I remmeber when the K04s were the big mod and all the tuning companies were claiming 250bhp back then.

Cheers
Ben

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Check out star performance for there kit its advertised on there site Ben you will of already have seen amd's power claims on k04, impossible claim 230bhp+ on there ko4 upgrade. For e05 to be a viable turbo upgrade my car would need to make 240bhp minimum i have not got the sports cat and downpipe on yet. The sports cat upgrade should make 8min-15maxbhp on this kind of turbo i would of thought. I paid £900 for the e05, impossible want £995 for there ko4 turbo only, so its still cheaper than what most people want for there ko4 packages. E05 is suppeosed to make 15bhp to 20bhp more over an equivelant k04. We will soon know if E05 is an option as a turbo kit, i aint to worried as lets face it is going to be signifcantly quicker than a chipped k03'd ibiza, and the k03'd ibiza chipped is no slouch.:cheers:

And a jabba ihi'd sheltsey is looking ;ike a next project after the ibiza or a ihi'd 4wd audi s3 quatt possibly.

Dec 9, 2002
CARDIFF
Visit site
Had a drive of GolfTTish 's car with e05 ,i'm very impressed it pulls really hard and smooth.I am definately interested in a e05 now ,if its this good now whats it going to be like when mapped properly:D .I will have to start working loads of overtime.Thanks for the ride,sorry forget your name .:cheers: Andy.