E-05 Rolling Road Figures, and Graph

Glenn

Oct 15, 2001
Visit site
I'd expect the greater benefit to come from the Sports Cat & DP.
If the E-05 uses the K0-3 turbine, then you'll still hit the same choke point due to the back pressure at high RPM.

Flow is the name of the game - to get big top-end numbers, you need big flow. To get big flow you need to eliminate/minimise the restrictions which include :

Ports, valve area, turbine, exhaust/cat, intercooler.

Valve area is the only one of the above that you can't really do anything about.

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
I know the title for the plot is a bit of the mark but you get the idea. Stock downpipe and cat were causing a problem. Apr claim 220bhp without sports cat and dp, with they claim 235bhp on there ko4 kit. Am i dissapointed not massively am i impressed by e05 not really, i would of thought with a sports cat downpipe, some form of extra cooling and an induction kit 250bhp 270lbs ft is achievable which is what i thought a fully modded up e05 would make. Amd claim 230bhp with sports cat and dp, mine will have one in a few weeks fitted, even if the dp and cat make me 10bhp its still 243bhp, 15bhp 248bhp. Pretty close to what i wanted and exspected.

P.S Thanks for the support Shock how many other people do u see in the whole of the UK trying to find suitable upgrades (non IHI) for the ibiza and who are willing just to get on with it good results or bad reults. Revo have had eo5 many months, i have had it fitted less than 3 days.

Shock_Xe

Originally posted by Madmile
I know the title for the plot is a bit of the mark but you get the idea. Stock downpipe and cat were causing a problem. Apr claim 220bhp without sports cat and dp, with they claim 235bhp on there ko4 kit. Am i dissapointed not massively am i impressed by e05 not really, i would of thought with a sports cat downpipe, some form of extra cooling and an induction kit 250bhp 270lbs ft is achievable which is what i thought a fully modded up e05 would make. Amd claim 230bhp with sports cat and dp, mine will have one in a few weeks fitted, even if the dp and cat make me 10bhp its still 243bhp, 15bhp 248bhp. Pretty close to what i wanted and exspected.

P.S Thanks for the support Shock how many other people do u see in the whole of the UK trying to find suitable upgrades (non IHI) for the ibiza and who are willing just to get on with it good results or bad reults. Revo have had eo5 many months, i have had it fitted less than 3 days.

with a downpipe and uprated cooling I should imagine you would see 250bhp as I saw 10bhp (220bhp) with the d/p & cat on the revo program.

I know what you mean about trying new things, and congratulate you for it! No offence intended.

I looked at the E05 but couldnt afford it and required extras.

I too have taken risks recently including the single pass fmic/CAI/K03s which has cost me a fair bit as no one else has done it here and been single pass fmic told it couldnt be done. And as of yet no rock solid performance gain until i get it mapped.

But someone gotta bite the bullet and the costs to make way for future people to follow your route! I know alot of people are eager to see how it goes!!!!

Good Luck :cheers:

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Now i have had my can of Coke and vitamin tablet i am a little more settled, actually i am very happy sports cat and downpipe i am sure will see me over the 240bhp mark, 245bhp more than likely, i am think of modding the golf turbo samco intake pipe to fit the ibiza, and will more than likely look at a chargecooler and i also like the look of the new inductions kits cai i think its called. Its pretty quick, quick enough to see of an audi tt225, before the end of second gear i was pulling past, before i would pass in 4th when K03 chipped.:cheers:

Just for ref, 275bhp Evo6 202bhp/ton
My car with current mods, 208bhp/ton

Here a Jap import scoob rr results whp fly
STi V Type R, Mongoose 3" exhaust, RamAir filter 213 278 bhp @ 7830 rpm 252 lb/ft @ 4130 rpm.
And my car prob weighs less. Optimistic yes. I think my car made 212bhp @ the wheels.

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
Originally posted by CustardCupra
What you have to remember is most decent kkko4 tuners claim 230 bhp on the Ibiza anyway and thats with more mods than whats on madmile car so to get what he got isn't all doom and gloom as there is room for improvement,
No need to go for a remap when CC /'Fmic sportscat & downpipe are on as i think he said mike told him there was enough percentage left in the mapp to compensate for these mods.

Hi Jools,

About a year ago pretty much all the tuenrs were claiming 250bhp from the K04, and now for some reason they are claiming less.

Gary, did you discuss the potential benefits for a sports cat etc with Jabbasport? I don't want to pi$$ on your bonfire but when I spoke to them they said that the standard Cat was fine up until about 300bhp, and for any conversions under 300bhp there would be very little benefit from changing it.

I hope you get the results you're after in the long run though.

Cheers
Ben

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
Re: e05 graph

will get it scanned tomorrow but been driving in bad conditions and heavy traffic so pretty tired

What are the two plots on the graph (ie. the thin lines compared to the thick lines)? Presumably not the K03 Vs the E05 as the two graphs are almost identical.

Cheers
Ben

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Asked Mike he said 10bhp with sports cat and dp.:cheers: . When i saked Star they said 15bhp.:cheers:

Its not ihi by a long shot, but i was suprised how much faster it was. Especially when my old superchip is said to only give 180bhp max. Thats a 53bhp increase on paper.

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
The second line is a straight after power run after the initial power run to shower how much heat has altered the 1st power run. I think.

Mike is a top boy, i was very impressed at how much he tried to get the best from the car.

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Star Performance bring you a fantastic performance package for Seat Ibiza Cupra owners. Many chips and performance mods can have problems or don't give the Ibiza power throughout the rev range. We now offer what may be the ultimate tuning package for the Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8T that provides loads of power that just keeps on coming and coming.

What does it involve ?
A NEW KO4 turbo upgrade for the seat Ibiza 20v turbo
Custom mapping on 98octane fuel,
High-flow cat and 2.5" exhaust,
This upgrade will produce 235bhp with 240-250lft still producing over 200lbft at 5800rpm. Workshop time 2 days. Cost is £2299.00 inc VAT.

We also offer a part package which includes the KO4 Turbo upgrade and custom map on 98 octane fuel. This produces 220bhp, 240lbft at £1799.00 inc VAT.

Straight from stars site, mine made 233bhp without the sports cat and dp. So it looks like the exhaust makes 5bhp and the dp and sport cat 10bhp totaling 15bhp, 243bhp is fine with me.

Shock_Xe

but wont the lack of cooling you have prevent higher boost there fore lower power?? Yes I know boost isnt everything but it is a good start!

Glenn

Oct 15, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by BenS1
Hi Jools,

About a year ago pretty much all the tuners were claiming 250bhp from the K04, and now for some reason they are claiming less.

They were probably just extrapolating from large port Golf 1.8T conversions or maybe they were just talking marketing sh*te - who knows?

Originally posted by BenS1

Gary, did you discuss the potential benefits for a sports cat etc with Jabbasport? I don't want to pi$$ on your bonfire but when I spoke to them they said that the standard Cat was fine up until about 300bhp, and for any conversions under 300bhp there would be very little benefit from changing it.

It's not the downpipe & cat that's ultimately choking Madmile's car - it's the turbine but as he's just shelled out for a new E-05, I can't see him throwing it away to fit something with a bigger turbine (Garrett GT28RS, IHI, etc). So the only thing he can do to lower the pre-turbine back pressure is fit a less restrictive downpipe/cat/exhaust.

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
manifold, downpipe and head is where the flow restrictions are on the ibiza.

sorts these and the E-05 sings (look at Wilko's golf4 265bhp unmapped)

:cheers:

Dec 9, 2002
CARDIFF
Visit site
Jon's Golf is also vvt,4-bar,but mine is not so probably would be lower because of that alone.I am very interested in this so need to know what i need to make the best of it,Jon said that he wanted less torque when mapped to save the gearbox but i should be ok there.Could a Milltek S3 front pipe and cat be modified to fit on my car .I presume there is a flange size difference between K04 & KO3S.Need to start collecting associated bits ,but need to know what i'm looking for.Anybody?:cheers: Andy.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

It aint always funs being 1st tho is it?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
, and will more than likely look at a chargecooler and i also like the look of the new inductions kits cai i think its called.

PACE's OE fitment CC will likely work very well.

What happened to the guy who got the prototype?