E-05 Rolling Road Figures, and Graph

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Originally posted by BenS1
When its ready? Pace make custom Charge Coolers, and so you could get one any time... even 2 years ago. Or do you mean the Jabbasport Charge Cooler developed by Pace?

Cheers
Ben

Who is on here running about on PACE's OE position CC?
Wayne @ PACE has left, and PACE are none to sure about whats where, as Wayne was the man...

Needs persuing...
Saw the CC @ Autosports, and it looked ACE :)
Stock pipework, add some nice, soon to come Samco hoses, and this will be both efficient and easy to fit.

Need to find the guy running the prototype tho... PACE guys did'nt know who this was when I spoke to them...

Anyone?

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Current boost is 18psi (1.22bar) spike, stock intercooler, and injectors and stock cat and dp.

Milltek will be on very soon, cooling is a problem due to space and lack of viable options which are proven. Aint sure how much more bhp is available from the e05 once Milltek, cooling, is sorted or/if bigger injectors would be required at this point. I think the milltek will ntake me to the 240-245bhp mark, not sure what i will gain say from a chargecooler.

I think once cooling is sorted and sports cat and dp is on boost can be raised to 21psi, but i have no idea how much more bhp and torque it would make.

Last edited:

Wilko

Badge snob
Two plots of E05 on sunday overlaid on the 4 main tuners chipped cupraR's Looks prety good to me. Power earlier and later than most.
Call it a happy rolling road if you like, but if it is then the chipped R's are underperforming. They look bang on to me.

e05vspower.jpg

e05vstorque.jpg

Thanks Mork for the plots.

Dec 9, 2002
CARDIFF
Visit site
Looks good Jon ,if the mapping can squeeze a bit more top end out of it, maybe reduce peak torque for reliablity reasons and give a more even torque spread.In a ideal world :D .Hope it goes well,when is Mitch back from the States?.It certainly gives a viable alternative to IHI and more cost effective too.:cheers: Andy

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
I feel very confident that once some good cooling is added to the ibiza, the boost could then be turned up requiring more than likely larger injectors, sports cat and dp will be on mine very shortly. I really do think with these mods 270-280bhp and 280-300lbs feet will be available. I think the e05 turbo seems to make bhp/torque for longer higher up the rev range. :cheers:

andy_dea

Aug 9, 2003
north east
Visit site
will i know gary has put a lot into the eo5 and i have faith in it, as soon as the weather gets better we will get vid footage of it against a chipped ko3, (only saying yes so i can have a go:D )

so ill start looking for a chast, before he rips me a new ass!!!

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Myself and Custardcupra were looking at my power graph and his Amd RR graph. Roughly at 6000rpm the k03 chipped car is producing 160bhp and 160lbs/ft. The Eo5 at roughly the same revs is seeing 220bhp and 217lbs ft.

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
Originally posted by CustardCupra
Pace CC developed for jabba.

Last time I spoke to Pace they quoted me £450 for a FULL 4 core CC system (Including everything, cores, pre-rad, pumps, pipework, reservour etc). This is the price for a custom system for any car... they will customise it to make it fit your car.

This price is also listed on their website.

Last time I spoke to Jabba about CC prices they quoted £1200 for the TWO core system!!! I'd imagine they are charging more for the 4 core.

Cheers
Ben

vibrio

POAH
May 10, 2002
Glasgow
www.poah.co.uk
Originally posted by Madmile
Myself and Custardcupra were looking at my power graph and his Amd RR graph. Roughly at 6000rpm the k03 chipped car is producing 160bhp and 160lbs/ft. The Eo5 at roughly the same revs is seeing 220bhp and 217lbs ft.

if the car was producing 160lb ft at 6000rpm then it would be making 182hp

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
Originally posted by Madmile

Remember bhp = (torque * rpm) / 5252

So, if the k03 is producing 160lb/ft at 6000rpm then thats:

(160 * 6000) / 5252 = 182.7bhp

And if the E05 is producing 217lb/ft at 6000rpm then thats:

(217 * 6000) / 5252 = 247.9bhp

Ben

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
just been out in Revo's one.

Baaaaad ASSSSS :D

I'm still well chuffed & I didn't take it past 5k (snow ice in abundance)

/me flicks thru webpages looking for 1.8T's for sale :)

nice, smooth & progressive.

it's been a while since I had to learn not to think the throttle is an on/off device.

exhaust & DP they're running sounds the tits.

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Tally Hoo!!!! Squadron Leader engine polishers 3o clock.

To work out your bhp by using your torque. The best thing to do is times your bhp by your torque divide by 150, divide the resulting figure by 5 and depending on the power that your flux capacitator produces the result should be pretty obvious.

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
Originally posted by m0rk
just been out in Revo's one.

Baaaaad ASSSSS :D

I'm still well chuffed & I didn't take it past 5k (snow ice in abundance)

/me flicks thru webpages looking for 1.8T's for sale :)

nice, smooth & progressive.

it's been a while since I had to learn not to think the throttle is an on/off device.

exhaust & DP they're running sounds the tits.

Cool. So they've got a demo car then but they don't yet sell the upgrade (Can't think of another tuner that applies to can we! ;)).

Any idea on price yet?

Guess theres no official performance/power figures?

Cheers
Ben

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it's not mapped still, so no idea on price.

proper downpipe & turbo & injectors means not cheap, but not silly money i imagine

M

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
I can't understand why Revo have a car with all the physical hardware on it and then they haven't bothered to map it yet. Isn't mapping their speciality? I would of thought they would of mapped it within a couple of hours of fitting the physical stuff.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the final power, performance and price.

Cheers
Ben

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
C'mon u aint figured it out yet, you cant run an E05 turbo on a ibiza without a map to suit, my ecu had logged faults of upper boost threshhold exceeded, or words to that effect. So for Revo to be running there ibiza with other than stock injectors (they are using non standard injectors Porsche ones of some form Kev told me) they must be using a map which is there or there about, but they are faceing the same problems all ibiza's face cooling. I am pretty sure they are using a 3" downpipe and stnd cat. Why did there ibiza not go on the RR at stealth proper map or not the golf did?. Its prob due to the fact cooling is what is going to make the ibiza 260bhp+ without it it not going to go above 250bhp max i reckon. The forge smic aint going to let them run enough boost to run a great deal more boost, yes the forge will recover quicker but thats about it. :cheers:

Forge are being approached about a fmic by revo, dont know whats happening. Revo aint going to go pulic with a kit that make 233bhp to 245bhp which aint going to go any higher without a suitable Fmic.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Originally posted by BenS1
Cool. So they've got a demo car then but they don't yet sell the upgrade (Can't think of another tuner that applies to can we! ;)).

Cheers
Ben

LOL
Except ones finished and done many thrashed demo miles and ones waiting mapping.... ;)

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Call PACE and ask for them to finish their CC and make it an available product.

OE position, fits stock pipes (and Samco's when ready) Bolt on fitment. Going to struggle to get an easier fitment on an Ibiza without significant other mods.

Golf running E05 had FMIC on it prior.

Nail on head - COOLING

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.