JamJay's 290bhp Ovni Yellow LCR - Latest: SOLD & Replaced With A BMW 335i Cabrio

Which Cat-Back System Should I Choose?

• Longlife Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £429 Fitted

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Hayward & Scott (Essex) 3" Non-Resonated - £550 Fitted

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Blueflame 2.76" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Milltek 2.76" > 3" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Powerflow Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £330 Fitted

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters

J0N

Defected!
Very nice mate. Is that Subaru running away? :whistle:

IMG_1651new.jpg

JamJay

California Bound
Very nice mate. Is that Subaru running away? :whistle:

Lol indeed it is, although it didn't get very far :D

Just back from the AMD RR Day and it was great. Nice to meet D.K and a load others there and everyone really helpful. Thanks again D.K for taking me for a spin and showing me the Milltek and ArosaRacer for showing me how to do the boost guage. I wanted to get around a few more people but time ran out and didn't get an opportunity to look round Ben's (b3 lsy) car either which was a shame. JonJay's diesel was very nice though, looked very quick.

The RR run was a bit disappointing, my figures were down on last run. I was disheartened to begin with but I am not too bothered now. I was 10bhp down on last run (250bhp/299lb/ft) and 20lb/ft...I made 240bhp & 270lb/ft today. I was concerened so Kenny at AMD took me for a spin in my car with VAG-COM attached. Car boosting correctly and he was pleased with how it performed on the road but this is where VAG-COM revealed that the MAF was playing up at higher revs with it's readings starting to decrease. We also checked for boost leaks and there were none but the temp sensor (black one) isn't reading right so I need to get a new one I think.

I was advised to monitor the MAF and performance over the coming weeks/mths and see what happens, I was also recommended to put the 'Green' temp sensor in as I still have a black one anyway.

Temps were up 6 celcius since my last run also (16 previous, 22 today) so that may also have contributed.

I did think that the new air feed may have affected things but after a run on the road, it's stone cold and the filter is alot cooler where previously the filter would be warm and the OEM feed would be too. I'll leave it in place for the time being.

I am hank marvin' now so i'm going to kick back in front of the plasma, eat a whole pizza to myself and then get back out to clean the motorway grime off of the motor :)

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Jamjay cant believe your my evil twin brother and you didnt say hi? :)

Car looked good at the meet. Your RR result isnt too bad, just follow kennys advise ;)

JamJay

California Bound
She's having a rest this week D.K, I feel bad for caining the cr@p out of her today but you might catch me on a social trip.
If you spot me, pull me over and if we have time, we'll head out to get a few quick pics.

Jonjay, I tried to find you on a couple of occasions but you were too damn quick in that thing :clap: and when I left at about 1:30, everyone vanished :shrug:...so many people to talk to there. I missed you on the rollers but I hope you were pleased with the figure. Thanks for compliment...just another LCR with grey wheels at the mo though :D

Thanks Tom for taking the boot build off my hands too, hope you're happy with it. It's insanely loud, hope the other guy doens't blow his windows out either.

If i've learnt one thing today, it's not to be too reliant on RR figures, i'm relatively new to the RR scene but how it performs on the road is what counts and mine does that very well. I won't be putting the car on any dyno for a while now, not until Stage 2...may even try the INA manifold. The lower figures, down to temp or not have given me inspiration to carry on with it, but I want to do something different, not sure what though ;)

Last edited:

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
hey jamjay car looks very neat ! would have tried some lighter silver for the wheels myself but this also looks nice !

i see u had some trouble with the maf ?

i had mine on vag com also and it says that sometimes the maf is not good for the last 6 weeks now...

but i also have a message that there is a temp fault... could this be due the black sensor ? never heard of a green one ?

or are u talking about some other temp sensor ?

JamJay

California Bound
My MAF is starting to go I think but very very slightly at this time. I need to get VAG-COM to keep an eye on it really. I did have a scan and although I didn't get any faults, the reading were down on what is expected. The green temp sensor is the same as the black one but a revised part from SEAT as the black one is known to fail, supposedly the green one will work properly.

JamJay

California Bound
Hi all, update!

Today I fitted 10mm H&R spacers to the rear. I am rather impressed, I thought the difference would be negligable but it's actually improved the handling more than I expected. A quick blast around some tight corners that would normally losen the rear end didn't manage to do so today, the rear feels alot more stable & I feel a little more confident around bends.

As for mods, this will be the last one this month as it's maintenance time. Next up (November)...Cambelt & full respray in it's original colour...Ovni Yellow :). I can't wait!

Image015.jpg

Image003-2.jpg

Image002.jpg

Last edited:

JamJay

California Bound
Thanks for the comments guys :)

I ran out of daylight so i'll snap a couple of pics for you tomorrow. Having the wheels spaced out makes the car look a fair bit fatter from the rear, more aggressive looking.

gb, I bought them from another forum member, they were virtually brand new but cost me almost 1/2 the price. They retail at about £110 for a pair! But then again, I still would have paid that as i'm a brand wh0re and I believe you get what you pay for :D.

The car's coming together now, some lowering after the respray it's having in 2wks and it'll look perfect. Then the quest for more power after cambelt & dogbone gearbox mount although I might just do all the mounts, the FR3 system by THS looks very good!

JamJay

California Bound
Thanks Adam. The offset I believe is et35 and the width of them is 7.5J as far as I know...they're wrapped in 225/40 rubber so the max they are is 8J.

Thanks once more cap :D. The spray job is going to be about £1400, cheaper than I expected to be honest although could be cheaper still I guess. I don't mind though, I can guarantee the work these guys do and I know it'll last and be flawless. Finally, i'll have some decent UV repellent lacquer...wooo! :p

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise