JamJay's 290bhp Ovni Yellow LCR - Latest: SOLD & Replaced With A BMW 335i Cabrio

Which Cat-Back System Should I Choose?

• Longlife Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £429 Fitted

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Hayward & Scott (Essex) 3" Non-Resonated - £550 Fitted

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Blueflame 2.76" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Milltek 2.76" > 3" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Powerflow Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £330 Fitted

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters

JamJay

California Bound
Just got off the phone with my sprayer and he says it looks gorgeous...the bit's he's done anyway. Still has the whole passenger side and roof to go :D. Sorry, just got a bit excited and had to post.

Touch wood it all works out!

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
A great read with some great pictures, You car looks awesome... You must be pretty excited about getting your car back freshly painted. A perfect excuse for some pic whorage!

JamJay

California Bound
Thanks Doctor, i'll be whoring indeed, I can't wait to get it back. Glad you found the thread informative and maybe found some inspiration somewhere for yours :).

D.K I hope so, apparently it's being baked on Thursday and polished Friday so pick up is looking good for Saturday morning :D

Aimez

no someone has scraped something on my not long newly painted bumper and a scratch appeared on it at edition38. Had my car detailed by a pro who is a friend of someone who used to have an ibiza on here, he spent 9 hours doing it looked so amazing, got quite good at doing it myself now got a good collection of products and lots of practice using them now. Did speak to johnjay and he offered a good price but it is only his hobby so went with a pro for the same price who was more local.

JamJay

California Bound
SMART Repair then? The results are supposed to be good and yours being black, won't be too difficult.

I tell you what, I am looking forward to buying a touch-up pen and it matching the colour of the car now! Before now, I had to buy and Ovni yellow pen & a gloss white pen and do my own paint mixing in the lid of one of them, I got good at it in the end.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Halfords pens are very very good nowadays.

Aimez if it is a scratch then its more than likely that with some machining the edges of the scratch can be rounded off so light doesnt catch it making it virtually invisible.

Aimez

Yeh I had a good go with a touch up pen from the dealers(was a bit darker thou) in the summer on my millions of bonnet stone chips, using a guide on detailing world using 3500 uni grit and Sonus sf1 and 2 it was amazing what can be done. Soooo irritating when it is still a new bumper and some drunk idit no doubt at edition prob fell into my car as there were so many people crowding round some car next to mine that were pissed. God I am so precious about my car what a sad idiot!

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Hi J, :wave:
Thought I would have a look at your build thread , the cars looking very nice it’s my turn to be jealous now, the thing I would like most is a re-spray but at £3000 it’s going to be a while, can’t wait to see what it could look like through yours, was it badly faded? my laquor has started to peel in a couple of places :cry: hopefully we can meet up at the national next year of you go, there was a big shortage of ovni's last year just me and Jon I think

JamJay

California Bound
Hi Phil! Have you seen your spacers :D? Apologies again about that, had no idea you were on deaths door. Anyway, now you can see where all my money was going amongst general personal cr@p, not out of choice but hey ho, it needed to be done, I can't be driving around in a two-tone car.

It wasn't badly faded, I think I caught it just in time before it went horribly wrong by layering up the sealant (Jeatseal 109) but you could clearly see that the roof channels, fuel cap & spoiler were a deep yellow where as the rest looked pale in comparison. It was only really noticable in bright sunlight & those damn petrol station lights that show up every blemish on a car.

Are you sure you need a respray? Your yellow looks virtually new in your pics and £3000? Are you going a different colour? That sounds like a price for a full job, inside and out! You should only really need to do the outside, your door sills etc will all still be close to new also and any scuff will polish out.

I hope to make the National next year, now I have something to show off. Hopefully it'll be Stage 2 by then and low!

basemanuk

scooby to leon
Sep 30, 2008
chelmsford
my onvi yellow is a pain in the arse looks different at every angle! even the petrol cap cover looks different!!!! bloody colour! oh well you got to love it!
got a bit of a laquer peel aswell above the driver door got a quote for £100 said it was a easy job just abit of a nightmare trying to fade it into the rear arch!!!

JamJay

California Bound
If enough people stay at the hotel, i'd be more inclined to do that and get hammered in the hotel bar. Then again, I have never camped but I am sure a 24-pack will make things easier.

It's a lovely colour baseman, next to black, the only i'd have on an LC or LCR but I wish that SEAT didn't cut corners with the paint and layered it up a little more and used their heads when applying non-UV resistant lacquer.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Camping was great, and if you had stayed in a hotel you would have missed Stu, still rofl when I think about it.
The quote @ £3000 for same colour (wouldn’t have any other) and for a full glass out, all removable panels removed, and replaced seals, the door shuts have scratches on them so with the re-spray I would see them every time I opened the door, when the sun shines she looks good but as you said all the plastics are still the original colour but most panels are faded.

JamJay

California Bound
Ohhh I see, in that case that is £3k's worth :(. Such a shame paint work costs so much.

I have heard no stories about the national meet so you must fill me in when we go, mind you, we'll be making headines of your own, well I will be, I can't help but embarrase myself.

JamJay

California Bound
She's Home!

I got my car back...finally! It was worth the wait though, she looks absolutely stunning, just as it did the day it left the factory. If it was possible, it turns more heads now :D.

Here are the pics, not great but you get the idea. I've also taken pics of the common problem areas to show that they now match.

Enjoy!

IMG00006-20091117-1307.jpg

IMG00008-20091117-1308.jpg

IMG00009-20091117-1309.jpg

IMG00010-20091117-1312.jpg

IMG00011-20091117-1312.jpg

IMG00012-20091117-1312.jpg

IMG00013-20091117-1313.jpg

IMG00015-20091117-1346.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise