JamJay's 290bhp Ovni Yellow LCR - Latest: SOLD & Replaced With A BMW 335i Cabrio

Which Cat-Back System Should I Choose?

• Longlife Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £429 Fitted

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Hayward & Scott (Essex) 3" Non-Resonated - £550 Fitted

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Blueflame 2.76" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Milltek 2.76" > 3" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Powerflow Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £330 Fitted

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters

JamJay

California Bound
I am also blessed with '0' door dings (touch wood) so it'll be showroom condition once again.

Adam, i'm not lowered so it's hard to tell but by looking at it how it as at the moment, another 5mm will be on the borderline of scraping the arches or not. 10mm is fine though, will tuck right up inside if I went that low.

Last edited:

JamJay

California Bound
No worries Mash, the spacers seem to be going down well, i'm happy :).

If you don't want to stretch to H&R at £110 a pop + £30ish for extended locking bolts, try the Forum Sponser - Rare Rims. They can supply hubcentric spacers made from alloy metal for around 1/2 the price I believe.

Thanks very much turbo!

Aimez

Wow full respray I would love that but would become even more paranoid about parking anywhere! This detailing bug is expensive I have found since I got really into it at the beginning on the summer. (not that you would ahve been able to tell at the RR day as I had not bothered then and was embarrassed!)
Where was this place in Crawley that did your wheels? I went to wicked wheels in Manor royal who onlt do wheel powder coating, great wheel rubbish customer care and communication!!

JamJay

California Bound
Wow full respray I would love that but would become even more paranoid about parking anywhere! This detailing bug is expensive I have found since I got really into it at the beginning on the summer. (not that you would ahve been able to tell at the RR day as I had not bothered then and was embarrassed!)
Where was this place in Crawley that did your wheels? I went to wicked wheels in Manor royal who onlt do wheel powder coating, great wheel rubbish customer care and communication!!

Well there's currently a debate between me and my sprayer about how far to go. I say "spray the whole damn thing" and he says that for almost 1/2 the price he can do the whole front (needs doing because of the defects) and blend it back. Strangely the front of the car is more faded than the rear so I guess I see what he is saying when he says it'll all match and save me some £££ (nice & honest guy at least :)). We'll see, i'm very picky about my car but it'll be nice to have a front bumper, roof channels, spoiler & fuel cap that match the rest of the car again :D...which will all be done which ever way I go.

I used Wheel Works on Manor Royal in Crawley Aimez, good bunch of people there, very honest and quick turn around with their work. I got all 5 of my wheels done (spare is full alloy) for £300ish. http://www.wheelworksuk.co.uk/index.htm

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Fading yellow is like fading a red.....once you get it under artificial light of say a petrol station you'd have wished you'd have gone for the respray.......plus the parts that are not sprayed will still have original crap paint on and will fade at a different rate to the others.

Just my opinion :)

JamJay

California Bound
Yeah I agree, it's quite noticable at petrol stations, you can really see the fuel cap, spoiler and roof channels standing out. I can't wait to get them all matching again. The bootlid and rear bumper are still in full colour which I find really odd.

Aimez

Ah they used to be called Wicked wheel where I got mine done, £260 for 4 alloys powder coated this time last year. There customer service is a joke when you have a problem!!!
I drove over a pot hole and it flattened my tyre and bent the wheel (in Crawley crap roads!) I dropped it off on a Friday and they said come pick it up Tuesday, I said are you sure and they said yes. Came to Tuesday waste my entire lunch break driving up there and it is no way near ready they say come back Friday I said call me if it need a tyre or if it is not ready. I go back Friday collect the wheel they insist it does not need a tyre. I go and put it on the car the tyre is flat as a pancake when filled with air it is so obvious it pisses out. I demanded they collect it from my work and fit a new tyre and pump it up and leave it over night and deliver it back. They do this but this is after 2 wasted journeys and over a week without my wheel an idiot could see it needed a new tyre they didn't ring me to let me know it wan't ready. My wheels I am happy with the job but the people in charge all told me different things and had no idea what was going on. I hop it has improved and they actually have a proper main phone number and reception. It looked as though they were taking over the unit next door when I went there.

Aimez

yeh I chose anthracite and they originally did them fine no issues it was when I went back 6 months later with the bent wheel I had all the problems. Was a strange set-up no reception no main dial number you had to just kind of wander in the workshop and shout hello! This was back in March time. I would go back yes would demand discount after what they did to me (I had already paid so could get money off). The bit about hand torquing the wheels on with the correct settings on their website is crap and kid came and air gunned them on with no copper grease underneath and when I fitted my spacers last month I had to spent hours smashing my wheels off as they were fused to the hub. You taken your wheels off since or were yours fitted properly?

JamJay

California Bound
Yeah I've had mine all off and no problems. If your wheels get stuck on, get someone to hold the face of the wheel while you kick the tyre from behind, will pop straight off. Really important to have someone hold it though as if not, the wheel will smash on the floor and ruin the finish.

Aimez

Well that is what we did and a pile of sheets to break the fall just in case still took ages and if it was a puncture on the motorway I would have been stuffed with no axle stands and no other person. I think brand new painted wheels should be copper greased you think they of all people would realise that!
Well you can tell why I was annoyed at that place they just were not bothered after they had taken the money as their big customers are bulk from how they talked is all think you were lucky.
Did they use an air gun to put yours on, did they have a proper reception when you went?

JamJay

California Bound
It's kind of a reception, they have a desk with the boss sitting there who was friendly enough. I don't think they gunned them on as I could get them undone easily by hand. Hopefully I won't have to go back with any defects though as they might still be owned by the same people.

When are your coilovers going on by the way and are you going to the next London meet?

Aimez

Yeh the guys office lol he was nice enough though it was only when I spoke to him they sorted things out for me.
They will be going on pretty soon going to get AmD to fit them as well as wishbone bushes and wheel alignment all done at once.
Had some very bad family stuff going on so not booked it in yet and for same reason will not come to the meet,I am using this forum to take my mind of it tbh.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.