SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
let us know how long the led's last as a lot of the cheaper ones tend to last a few days. mine did so i bought a set from an emarican seller that others have used and these look the same as yours but cost a bit more.

CMR

Just fitted some HID's to my Leon today, had them a few weeks now but been too busy to get round to fitting them!

Fitting was a doddle really, one of the bulbs was a bit awkward to get seated but once it was in all went well!

Fitted 5000k if anyones interested, and the light is PURE white, and IMO of course the best ones to go for, as 6000k has that hint of blue which just looks a bit max power ish.

Not had them aligned, but parked up against a wall the beams look fine, out of interest what number on the dial do people have the lights on? from memory 0 is the highest and 3 is the lowest.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
You should have them on 0 for normal driving.

You shouldn't need to adjust the beams if you haven't moved the actual light itself.

CMR

Ah right fair enough, i'l put it on 0 and see if I get any flashes.

Only did a small drive just as it was getting dark but initial impressions are brilliant, best mod for the mk1 leon tbh especially as the stock lights are so bad.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
thanks lee.
seen so many links, 90% to ebay and no good, never know what is useful any more.

this is what i have:
HIDS from diane-shop @ ebay
6000k H7

sidelights to match:
2pcs 501 W5W 5 Power LED (Warm White) Wedge Bulbs.
wardenwarden_jp2002 @ ebay

just in case it helps!

jay050

H7 and then pick your colour the lower the number the more white they are.
Click my car below as i have used both 8k and 6k but if i ever change will go lower.

Ok iam stupid, so if i was going to buy a hid kit i should get the H7 kit is that both dipped and main beam ?? iam a little slow

ing007

I would recommend a kit from Hids4U (2yr warranty, good quality product and personal service) and would get the reduced length set just to make sure that the bulb doesn't hit the glare guard.

Hello,
I have an aftermarket HID xenon on my car, but I have a small problem: on the installation guide it was specified to remove the "glare guard", but I didn't do it. The bulb doesn't hit the glare guard. Can anyone explain what the "glare guards" do? What is their role? And which is best, to remove or not to remove them? Thank you.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Hello,
I have an aftermarket HID xenon on my car, but I have a small problem: on the installation guide it was specified to remove the "glare guard", but I didn't do it. The bulb doesn't hit the glare guard. Can anyone explain what the "glare guards" do? What is their role? And which is best, to remove or not to remove them? Thank you.
Leave the guards in the standard headlight helps to stop he glare to other motorists.
Plus as above you have the melting potential of the 55's.../QUOTE]

Borlicks...

Just had my 55W's delivered :rolleyes:

Ah well, will fit them anyway and if they do melt, ill get some projectors or angel eyes :D

They should be fine, i think, people use 100/80 bulbs and they don't melt them.

Disco_Mikey

Dec 28, 2009
Dundee, Scotland
They should be fine, i think, people use 100/80 bulbs and they don't melt them.

Had them on last night (out playing with them :redface: ) for a 2 hour drive! Pulled up when I got home and left them on, the lenses still felt cold, so doubt they will melt...

I fitted them during the day. Switched the headlights on before I started and I could only barely make out the beam pattern on the wall of the house. Fitted the HID kit, switched them on and :censored: me, what a difference. Even during the day I could see the beam pattern...

Was never too impressed with the standard headlights. Everyone needs these IMO. And I never got flashed once last night for them. Even passed 2 police cars with them on :happy:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.