Hi just wanted to ask i have a cupra tdi

i have fitted them with 8000k hid's they look a nice blue colour but they look so much diffrent to my brothers 8000k myn are a very light blue almost white

his are proper cool blue

every ones hid's seem to be a very diffrent colour to me ;/

dont look at my signiture pic becasue they are not as blue as the photo just came out like that

cupraJD

had hid's on my cupraR but the bulb went, wish ad read this before a took them off completely

wayneb2000

what bulbs did you recommend mate to go with your hid s i can't open your link.
thanks

Zipcode

Jun 23, 2008
Brackley, Northant's
Ok, so every one talks about cutting a 25mm hole in the headlight cover for the grommet. My question is which part gets pushed through the hole? Is it the bulb fitting or the wiring and connector? I'm confused as both those parts seem bigger than 25mm = confused.

Zipcode

Jun 23, 2008
Brackley, Northant's
yeah, that what I thought, but i'm sure 25mm won't be big enough for the connector to squeeze though. The clips on either side of the connector seem too wide??? Oh well, guess i'll just cut it and see.

Yatesey8527

Mar 11, 2010
Gloucester
H7 bulbs are meant for angel eye/projector headlamps.

H7R bulbs are meant for reflector headlamps.Leon's usually have reflector headlamps.

Yatesey8527

Mar 11, 2010
Gloucester
A lot of peeps use the H7 bulbs,although they are meant to dazzle other road users due to the fact the bulbs don't have the built in reflector like the H7R bulbs have.

I've got H7R bulbs in my 6000k's,might not get a decent beam pattern with the H7's.

Either bulb is fine to use,just remember come MOT time;)

Mobo

Jan 20, 2010
West midlands
Cheers just will see if i get any flashes will check to see what it looks like from the other side as i cant stand people with hids which blind and cant be one myself:)
if it is blinding then ill just change them to h7rs

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Do I need canbus lights or just plain hids? Also I think I'm right in saying I'm after h7r...

Will be getting 6000k dipped still undecided on sidelights though.

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
Ok, finally fitted the hids on the Leon.

And this is the effect of HID V's halogen bulb at night (hid on left obviously:)
DSCF0383_halogen_vs_hid.jpg

same shot (daylight)
DSCF0379_hid_vs_halogencopy.jpg

I also fitted the Philips Blue vision sidelight bulbs..first pic is the std sidelight with hid

DSCF0392.jpg

Philips Blue Vision sidelight fitted (have blue tip, though hardly much of an improvement especially compared with the white crisp light of hids, though look slightly less yellow)
DSCF0394.jpg

overall opinion on Philips Blue Vision sidelights (ok as a freebie, but not worth a special purchase)

Fitted the PowerPlus 50% more on the other car unfortunately no pic to compare with std halogen bulb

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/connoisseur_h/HIDs/DSCF0416_e.jpg

Well this HID kit is still serving me well after all these years,

Question:

which bulb can I buy that will match the white light of the Hid's
as below

What size bulb is it called? (forgot!) any makes suggested and any photos on the colour of light?

Thanks

Method

Aug 11, 2014
Bucks
I had installed HID's on my 1.6 Leon, now that i've got a cupra there's hardly any room in the damn engine bay to work with! Any of you guys got any pictures of where you hidden the ballast / wiring etc?