brad1

Blow off valves are poop on a tdi lol, you will get a better sound from a milltek or custom exhaust when you let off the throttle ;)

brad1

Yeh, fun indeed mate. Most of them are pretty straight forward but i found that the pancake pipe replacement was a bit of a ball ache.

On that one, dont you just remove the metal clip on the end of the red turbo pipe, and jubilee clip it to the allards pipe? get some pics up of all the pipes mate, i wanna see :)

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
The pipe itself is wider than the standard one so if you dont make the bracket correctly then it catches on full lock. SFS have made me a replacement pipe for the turbo outlet which is slightly shorter that the standard red one and has a reducer on the end so i can couple up with the allards pipework.

brad1

Any more update on this mate, would love to see more pics of all this new pipework in place and stuff :)

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Well after weeks of dicking about i finally finished the intercooler and pipework install.

Here's the start - front end off, well just the bumper at this point
31102009412.jpg

and the finished result
01112009417.jpg

01112009418.jpg

01112009419.jpg

01112009420.jpg

01112009421.jpg

pancake pipe replacement
31102009414.jpg

turbo outlet pipe replacement
31102009415.jpg

and i've got hold of some mint condition V1 Golf R32 alloys which have now been sprayed in gloss black
31102009416.jpg

Enjoy!

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
It was a complete ball ache mate, i've been trying to do it piece by piece and went all out and finished it at weekend. Now its all on the car is a different animal, slight lag until 1500 rpm then it'll spin the wheels all the way into 4th.
The install was a nightmare, especially the intercooler and pancake pipe, allards said i may have a few little snags which was a complete understatement. The intercooler (which was well crafted and a really nice piece of kit) had never even seen being for a leon so i had to make every bracket for the A/C rad, Dryer, coolant rad etc, it was also an inch wider than standard. The pipework required a whole foot to be chopped off from here and there and the pancake pipe replacement is still rubbing.

But it would'nt be any fun if it was easy :)

strugers1

looks like mine except mines a 130 hybrid lol
looking good i like it!!!! blue for the win :)

strugers1

and as for th allard comment
i know that i got there mk4 golf fmic kit that is a ball ache lol

strugers1

yeah for sure but like i say ball ache lol
then i had pipes keep popping off and christ knows what else

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
It also took me a good 3 hours to acid bath the inlet manifold the other day it was a good job as it was about 4mm thick all round with black sludge.

Thats something i'm dreading, i made sure they were all stupidly tight but i dare say one'll pop off at some point.

brad1

So where does it keep rubbing?? Also whats been used to make the turbo outlet pipe, looks pretty bodged lol :p

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
So where does it keep rubbing?? Also whats been used to make the turbo outlet pipe, looks pretty bodged lol :p

As i said "slight" adjustments were made, it was origionally:

1. SFS outlet pipe
2. A 51mm coupler
3. A 51-45 reducer
4. Too many jubilee clips
5. The allards pipe

I think its catching on the drop-link bolt (it just needs turning around) and another bracket making for the pipe to keep it out of the way, it only seems to do it when the mrs is in the car :redface:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise