MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Yeh i was spun the same b.s. Whilst the products are good they tend to get orders wrong and make alot of mistakes. The faults dont tend to be in the developement its just the distribution side that lags.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I fancied something a little different (and something capeable of scalling our drive):

Fordranger.jpg

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
The disappointing thing is the bloke who bought it never even made it home as the ****in turbo went!!! it'd only been on for 12 months and done less than 10k.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
He signed a disclaimer before hand, i told him to let me keep it and he could collect it on saturday (so i could give it a check over and right and faults) but no he wanted it there and then so now its his problem.
Thing i cant understand is everything was mint on it - no faults or nothing yet it let go on him and not me, even after a 20 mile trip to meet him?

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
the turbo on the car was a couple of days over 12months old (so just out of warrenty) when he bought it, with no oil leaks or unusual noises.

Dont get me wrong, i took it for a good hard drive every now and again to clear it of shite and took it over the 100 mark regularly with ease, i always used shell v-power, always used millers sport 4 and just recently changed the oil with millers xfe - pd fully sythetic stuff the week before (before that it was always vag supplied pd oil).

I never had any problems with the car with respect to performance (the injector seals leaked but were replaced) it always went like a rocket.

When the chap came to look at it he did quite litterally drive it like the earth behind him was falling inwards and i had to nudge him and tell him to slow down, he also explained that he'd just sold his subaru impreza "because at 350bhp i kept blowing the clutch" so YES he was probably doing in excess of a 100mph when it went and driving it like a petrol which was why when he rang me up i explained that he had almost stolen it from me (given the price it was up for, the price he paid and what i had spent on it) and he could sort it out himself. I got him prices and gave him advice but he sorted it himself.

He wasnt an ars3hole at all however he was after buying it for his wife who was due to drop a baby any day at that point! this car is not a pram transporter or kids car - ITS AN ALL OUT DIESEL MONSTER!!!:lol:

All it needs is a custom remap by the likes of RSTUNING or JABBA and it'll be even better.

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
cheers MJ, well looks like his willing to swap for my LC180 with cash his way, so you never know, could have someone whos really gonna look after it. :)

has it already been remapped? 200hp? AMD are local to me so i wonder if they could map it if things do go ahead mate.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
the turbo on the car was a couple of days over 12months old (so just out of warrenty) when he bought it, with no oil leaks or unusual noises.

Dont get me wrong, i took it for a good hard drive every now and again to clear it of shite and took it over the 100 mark regularly with ease, i always used shell v-power, always used millers sport 4 and just recently changed the oil with millers xfe - pd fully sythetic stuff the week before (before that it was always vag supplied pd oil).

I never had any problems with the car with respect to performance (the injector seals leaked but were replaced) it always went like a rocket.

When the chap came to look at it he did quite litterally drive it like the earth behind him was falling inwards and i had to nudge him and tell him to slow down, he also explained that he'd just sold his subaru impreza "because at 350bhp i kept blowing the clutch" so YES he was probably doing in excess of a 100mph when it went and driving it like a petrol which was why when he rang me up i explained that he had almost stolen it from me (given the price it was up for, the price he paid and what i had spent on it) and he could sort it out himself. I got him prices and gave him advice but he sorted it himself.

He wasnt an ars3hole at all however he was after buying it for his wife who was due to drop a baby any day at that point! this car is not a pram transporter or kids car - ITS AN ALL OUT DIESEL MONSTER!!!:lol:

All it needs is a custom remap by the likes of RSTUNING or JABBA and it'll be even better.
Sounds little bit unfortunate and mental at the same time. When i sell the car which wont be for a couple of years I will drive the people instead of them driving it.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Needless to say jonjay - manchester city centre is not a Le mans circuit as he must have thought! ;)

Yes it was mapped by revo, it smoked a little when booted and would VASTLY be improved with a custom map to suit the mods.

runnerpart2

Runnerpart2
May 23, 2009
Leeds
I saw this car on ebay and on piston heads i want it so bad, ive got the money but its gone shes beautiful make another 1 for me please!

runnerpart2

Runnerpart2
May 23, 2009
Leeds
12k i wudnt of spent that much to get it, camt u steal it back or sumat mate iv been crying ever since i didnt win it :cry: who was the rude lady on the phone who was so blunt when i wanted to view the car!

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
12k i wudnt of spent that much to get it, camt u steal it back or sumat mate iv been crying ever since i didnt win it :cry: who was the rude lady on the phone who was so blunt when i wanted to view the car!

I dont know buddy it wasnt me selling it, i sold it to them on the 3rd of jan so it was probably his wife. How much did it go for on ebay?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members