Post your MK2 Leon Power/Torque graph

cupraII

Dec 23, 2007
Hi guys, I was on dyno again in friday, same like last time 285ps and 380nm. It was in KOMVET racing and they are best company in central europe for modifications on mits EVOs.
He told me that is problem in map. Do you think that its possible that the car is not ranning well becose I did first the remap and after I bought the milltek???
I will have to go to UK so maybe we can make some meeting :)

Sounds like you may have a problem somewhere with the vehicle, I take it you have checked the obvious DV as any leak will reduce your boost. I have had the pleasure of a couple of modified Cupra's and 3rd should feel more like 2nd was, 4th like 3rd & so on. If you are not experiencing something similar to this then you need to look deeper. :cry:

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
Hi guys, I was on dyno again in friday, same like last time 285ps and 380nm. It was in KOMVET racing and they are best company in central europe for modifications on mits EVOs.
He told me that is problem in map. Do you think that its possible that the car is not ranning well becose I did first the remap and after I bought the milltek???
I will have to go to UK so maybe we can make some meeting :)

I wouldn't get to hung up on the RR figures, your map still produces 45ps and 80nm over the standard car which is 240ps, from what I've seen on the forum that a fairly average increase.

For some reason some standard cars are reading around 260ish bhp and then reading 310-320 bhp after a remap which is a similar increase to yours. Chances are you take those cars and put them on the same RR as you and they'll probably make 290bhp max.

tommy-cupra

Jan 31, 2006
Prague, Czech republic
I wouldn't get to hung up on the RR figures, your map still produces 45ps and 80nm over the standard car which is 240ps, from what I've seen on the forum that a fairly average increase.

For some reason some standard cars are reading around 260ish bhp and then reading 310-320 bhp after a remap which is a similar increase to yours. Chances are you take those cars and put them on the same RR as you and they'll probably make 290bhp max.

nobody have these modifications here in czech rep, but I will have the DV from forge instal this week and new remap next week so we will see. Problem is maybe the milltek.

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk

Agreed!

Some Cupra's do make nearer stock, we have seen a them making 240bhp stock, and as you say, others up to 260bhp stock.

Cupra_Ary

Agreed!

Some Cupra's do make nearer stock, we have seen a them making 240bhp stock, and as you say, others up to 260bhp stock.

Absolutely Agree 100% with that sentiment.
For instance, My Leon Cupra just off the showroom floor with around 1000miles/ 1800kilometres done:
I made on the WHEELS: 235Hp & 247lb/ft
And on the Flywheel: 265Bhp

MAzda 3 MPS made 197Hp on the same dyno
Vauxhall OPC made 209Hp on the same dyno
Focus ST made 205Hp on the same dyno
My LCR made 235Hp

Here's my dyno graph:
vyus6d.jpg

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Here's mine, fresh(ish) from Awesome's printer:

SCAN0001.jpg

everybody seemed impressed, just what I thought it would be..

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
Absolutely Agree 100% with that sentiment.
For instance, My Leon Cupra just off the showroom floor with around 1000miles/ 1800kilometres done:
I made on the WHEELS: 235Hp & 247lb/ft
And on the Flywheel: 265Bhp

MAzda 3 MPS made 197Hp on the same dyno
Vauxhall OPC made 209Hp on the same dyno
Focus ST made 205Hp on the same dyno
My LCR made 235Hp

Here's my dyno graph:
vyus6d.jpg

Am I correct in saying that the highest grade petrol available in South Africa is 95ron. If so that would explain why you are not getting 250-260 bhp. The car needs 98-99 ron to get the most out of it.

Cupra_Ary

Am I correct in saying that the highest grade petrol available in South Africa is 95ron. If so that would explain why you are not getting 250-260 bhp. The car needs 98-99 ron to get the most out of it.

Correct mate!
Highest is 95ron :(
But the dyno graph figures are quoted on the WHEEL figures.

My actual flywheel reading is 270Hp and I'm assuming most of the graphs on here are quoted at the flywheel.

Wheel readings - 235 Hp
Flywheel reading - 270 Hp :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
ok guys but if we have 20 cupras here with remap and results from 300 to 320 ps its weird that my cupra with remap and full milltek system is doing 285 ps.

But we will see next week with DV and new software. I will post new dyno results soon.

How did you get on mate?

shaunbuckaroo

had my leon tdi fr in for a remap on sat. dont no if im 100% impressed with it. not had any problems touch wood. dont no how to put my graph up just yet but ill try and get my mate to show me.
reading the other threads it seems that people are getting alot better outcomes than me.
figures.....
Peaks
bhp before= 168 after 191.2 bhp
torque before = 240 after 290 ftlb

gain of 50 bhp at 2340rpm and gain of 110ft/lb at 2340rpm!

it feels quicker but my mate has a mark3 ibiza tdi fr 130 with a remap to 168.5bhp (dont no torque off top of my head) but mines not much faster if nothing!
dont no if i should contact them and see what his crack is.

tommy-cupra

Jan 31, 2006
Prague, Czech republic
How did you get on mate?

Hi horace, I was there yesterday, with 18" wheels and car have DV, forge spacer and CAI from forge, but my exhaust is broken so waiting for new part, but the results are veeeeeeeeery good

320 ps - nice, but torque is 507 nm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they didnt believe it so they did it couple times :p

problem is that my clutch will be dead soon, I hope I will upgrade the car with S3 intercooler and pump soon.

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com
Hi horace, I was there yesterday, with 18" wheels and car have DV, forge spacer and CAI from forge, but my exhaust is broken so waiting for new part, but the results are veeeeeeeeery good

320 ps - nice, but torque is 507 nm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they didnt believe it so they did it couple times :p

problem is that my clutch will be dead soon, I hope I will upgrade the car with S3 intercooler and pump soon.

Looking a lot better.

Have you still got a P-torque remap or are you now runing another one?

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Correct mate!
Highest is 95ron :(
But the dyno graph figures are quoted on the WHEEL figures.

My actual flywheel reading is 270Hp and I'm assuming most of the graphs on here are quoted at the flywheel.

Wheel readings - 235 Hp
Flywheel reading - 270 Hp :)

Err most of the Dyno dynamics graphs show both sets of figures, Mine: 310.71 hp, 394.05 ft/lb at the wheels, 328.50 hp at the clutch...

Al

Aug 29, 2005

Excellent results mate. What code you running now? What was the cause of the lower figures before? That torque equates to over 370ft-lbs :)

Seems that 320bhp is the approx figure for a remapped Cupra with intake, remap and full exhaust, and torque is dependant on boost level :)

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland

hi tommy,
was your recent dyno run on the same rolling road as the one you were disappointed with?

also the torque while very impressive is still a bit down on igors. theres obviously still plenty room for further improvement if you want even more!!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Err most of the Dyno dynamics graphs show both sets of figures, Mine: 310.71 hp, 394.05 ft/lb at the wheels, 328.50 hp at the clutch...

What Revo settings are you running out of interest mate?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.