Post your MK2 Leon Power/Torque graph

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Timing 6, Boost 8, mapped for V-power...

Cool, so;

T6
B8
F9

Boost being at 8 must be worth about 70ft-lbs over boost at 6 then. The torque certainly dips quicker as the revs increase when boost is high though. A bigger/more efficient intercooler should help with that though.

Edit: The Edition 30 that was on the rollers on the same day was running

T5
B7
F9

That may account for the comparative lack of torque although he also never had the diblas unlike you and was running a 2.75" downpipe vs your 3" downpipe.

Truly amazing figures from your car though mate :). You must be delighted.

Last edited:

ianrob16

I've been watching this thread with interest as I am in the process of upgrading my own FR TFSi DSG. I will hopefully post the power curves later but to date the story is.....(all power figures at the wheel - I'll get to the flywheel later in this post - no torque figures given).....

Standard car gave 185 bhp with K&N filter
Revo stage 1 gave 215 bhp with Forge DV added

Now had a full turbo back Milltek system fitted but not yet tested on the rollers. Will then go for the Revo stage 2 software, and then post all the power curves.

What is the known or accepted power loss through the DSG box - ie. from the above wheel figures, what would be the flywheel power figures ?

I have seen up to 40bhp quoted on this forum.

IanR.

ianrob16

Dan,

Hence I am sticking to the wheel figures. I've heard a standard manual is around 20-25bhp but the DSG is much more. I'm trying to decide if the Revo stage 1 software is up to the quoted 260bhp (or close), or if I have a problem on my car.

Anyway the next power run is due next week on the new Milltek system.

Also, thanks for the satnav guide......picked up the new dash trim this morning from the dealer.......trim removal tools also arrived this morning.....now trying to hunt down a good MFD3.

IanR.

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Tsr performance

dont think the rr was set up properly cause it was getting 260 270 with map, 3" dp, non res miltek, filter...lowered the load on the rr i think? got 293hp

100_0779-1.jpg

100_0775.jpg

100_0777.jpg

Last edited:

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Mike, that certainly looks like a badly setup dyno, loosing 45bhp in transmission from flywheel to wheels is certainly on the high side, whereabouts is TSR, UK or Germany??

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
it's bridgewater, devon , just off m5. Was hoping it was poorly set up rr cause it was gettin consistent 260's 270' with 3" miltek non res, apr ph 1 and filter ?? :s

Think the guy lowered the load on the rd then it got 293hp?

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Is that the same TSR that folded a few years ago, used to sell big bore g60 conversions?? Seems a long way from Rochester/Doncaster/Germany to go for a dyno test...

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Is that the same TSR that folded a few years ago, used to sell big bore g60 conversions?? Seems a long way from Rochester/Doncaster/Germany to go for a dyno test...

Lol, yeah. Was at home (doncaster) went down to devon to see my mate and they fitted me in to fit the miltek that was then in my boot, took the opportunity to get on rr. Yeah they do alot of conversions, Vr turbos n stuff

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Maha dyno's measure wheel power differently, I read it on vwvortex, i'll see if i can find it

tommy-cupra

Jan 31, 2006
Prague, Czech republic
Excellent results mate. What code you running now? What was the cause of the lower figures before? That torque equates to over 370ft-lbs :)

Seems that 320bhp is the approx figure for a remapped Cupra with intake, remap and full exhaust, and torque is dependant on boost level :)

hard to say where was the problem, right now is car going very well, just will need the clutch. I have still data from p-torque but I would like to go for bigger pump and stage two from REVO soon.

I was on the same dyno like last time.

GIAC

howsit guys, no scanner but these are my current power figures,
std made, 193kw with 330nm
after software made, 223kw with 450nm
any idea how to solve the management light problem? any1:)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Latest Graph - Awesome GTI June 7th 2008

Run today at the golfgtiforum RR day.

Latest run since APR Stage 2, APR Pump and APR 3" Turbo Back were fitted.

It's had a full week to adapt now before it's run today.

main.php

304 bhp Clutch - 360 lbft Torque

Power is pretty much sits at 300hp flat from 4500rpm to 6500rpm and feels like it on the road too, very nice usable power.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yes, bit peaky though in my opinion.

I think i prefer the car to have 300hp+ from 4500 to 6500+ than 340hp for a short period of time and then rapidly fall away.

That's the way the graph reads to me anyway. I actually thought their Cupra stg1 map looked flatter and more progressive.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members