The 348PS Cupra! Forge Twin Intercooler Installed!

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
Forget "The 312BHP Cupra" in my old thread:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185980

Today sees the installation of the Forge Twin Intercooler, bringing the total modification list to:
  • Revo SPS Stage 2
  • Forge DV Spacer
  • Forge Vacumme Valve
  • Milltek 100-Cell Sports Cat (3" Downpipe)
  • Milltek non-res exhaust from cat back
  • Carbonio CAI / Pannel Filter
  • Autotech High-Pressure Fuel Pump
  • Forge Twin Intercooler
  • Cupra K1 Spoiler
  • "Sammy" Seat Teddy!
Total tested BHP was 344.8 at 6250RPM (348.2 PS). Estimatd 0-60 sprint is 5.1 (Best) /5.4 (Worst) secs (Tested a few times on a stopwatch, not pretty accurate, so results were averaged).

The drive out of Vagtech contained a lot of swearing as the power is pretty immense!

Here's some pictures:

27102008175.jpg

27102008176.jpg

27102008177.jpg

27102008178.jpg

27102008179.jpg

27102008180.jpg

27102008181.jpg

Still needs more power :whistle: Comments?

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
More or less the same mods as in my Edition 30 then (engine-wise). The only difference is that I have the Custom-Code Phase 2+ remap in place of the Revo.

Mine has had a while to settle with the mods too[B)]

I'll let Z tell you about the Prosport RR day, suffice to say my results seemed "a little" too ambitious.

362bhp and 409lbft:whistle:

and then the second run was:-

362bhp and 402lbft:shrug::confused::blink:

I don't believe that my car is that torquey and if it was, I'd be picking my DSG box out of the walls:D

362bhp is also "optimistic"

ATEOTD dyno's are a tool for spotting running issues, it is the butt dyno that really counts[B)]

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Also, get yourself along to a 1/4 mile for realistic performance figures.

Measuring 0-60mph with a stop watch is about as accurate as a blind drunk man is aiming for the pot when taking a leak. Also, you will find that a standard well driven Cupra will probably be as quick as your monster from 0-60mph due to excessive power and torque causing lots of wheelspin ;). Naturally, after 60mph, its gonna be a whole different ball game with your 100bhp over the stock Cupra :)

Poverty

so, has any of the cupra boys fitted low weight, wide alloys yet?

Awesome results there, some people say the engines are limited to 360hp on the standard turbo, what do you guys reckon, true or false?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Is 360 BHP not enough for you;)

Awesome figure there, the 2.0 TFSI engine and KO4 twin scroll turbo is leaguees ahead of the MK1 LCR, B###ard!!!

jamiebennett81

Is 360 BHP not enough for you;)

Awesome figure there, the 2.0 TFSI engine and KO4 twin scroll turbo is leaguees ahead of the MK1 LCR, B###ard!!!

aye, but its on the road that counts fella, bhp is for pub talk figures remember;)

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
Could you put a cost against each of the mods and your comments on the difference you have noticed?
Sure - I'll do them in the order installed:

Forge DV Spacer - £50 - No performance gain, but makes a great tsssssht! noise, lol.

Carbonio CAI / Pannel Filter - £160 - Slightly increased engine noise under full thorttle, and the DV noise is increased. Performance increase was not noticable, but some say there is a small increase. It was a bugger to install btw.

Revo Stage 1 - £400 - One massive increase in power, and a real shove in the back when accelerating. Worth every penny. This later lead to the need for the item below!

Forge Vacumme Valve - £140 - Noticable reduction in time taken to release boost pressure, so you can get back on the power quickly. Main reason for the upgrade was to replace the stock one that split after Revo S1.

Milltek 100-Cell Sports Cat/Cat back - £1100 - Makes a wicked noise! Turbo spool up happens much earlier, and there is a much more pronounced shove lower down, and again high up. Sports cat works and sounds at it's best if it's very hot though, so drive it like you *ahem* stole it!

Revo Stage 2 + SPS device - £95 - Gives the car even more of a shove up the top end, and removes the over-boost from low down after the TBE was fitted. Switcher device is handy for dealer visits, and only took it as they had an offer on.

Autotech High-Pressure Fuel Pump - £290 - Increased torque and BHP throughout the mid-range (But not sure by how much, as car wasn't RR), and it's very noticable. Pretty much a requirement for further tuning to avoid fuel cuts. Car felt a lot more responsive for mid-gear acceleration.

Forge Twin Intercooler - £750 - Some say it's not the prefered option, but 2 Intercoolers is better than one right? It's front mounted for best air-flow and gives me the option to use the APR one alongside it at a later date, if the car needs it. Wasn't expecting the performance that it gave though, as there is a real low-down kick on acceleration, and car pulls stronger higher up too when your going some (Prolly when the engine is working it's hardest). Worth every penny, and it's great to be different.

That gets us to the magic 348PS were at today. Car's an absolute beast to drive! There's more to come though. Revo's release of stage 2+ is just round the corner, so that will go on next. Forge CAI Cone for the passenger side wing is on order. Bilstein (sp?) B16 PSS9/PSS10 suspension is going on too before the end of November.

VagTech are pricing up at my request the cost of fitting a Quaife differential, but they have yet to get back to me. Also, a 4WD conversion from the S3 was mentioned, but they estimate a cost well in excess of £4K - I'm not that mad, yet...

Poverty

mmmm say 5k for the 4wd conversion.....

1 year old cupra 14k, plus 5k for conversion, still 3 grand cheaper than 1 year old S3, but you will be unique!

You cupra is pretty much what I plan to do to mine once I get it!

The bilstein suspension are coilies right?

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
mmmm say 5k for the 4wd conversion.....

1 year old cupra 14k, plus 5k for conversion, still 3 grand cheaper than 1 year old S3, but you will be unique!

You cupra is pretty much what I plan to do to mine once I get it!

The bilstein suspension are coilies right?
TY, Poverty.

I really would like a 4WD conversion, but £5K is £5K after all. It will have to wait unfortunatley - Unless anyone else on here has the outlay for it and does it on their one. the bragging rights alone could be worth it for some ;)

It's great that other members want fast Cupra's too. When you get yours, dump £3K on it, and it's as fast as a Vauxhall VXR8 for jut £23K!!! Excellent BHP/£ ratio, and the Leon looks so dam stealthy too! We could form an elite sect of 340BHP+ Cupra's.

There's about 4 cars I know of pushing this level of power, and one goes way beyond it. He knows who he is, but doesn't like to shout about it :p. The suspension is coil overs, and are quite highly rated... Cant wait for the stiffer rebound rates and 30mm drop...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise