what have you done to your car today ?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Replaced 2 window regulators in the last week. Checked for wet carpets thismorning and look dry. No sill lakes either :)

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Mine are knackered and need a refurb. One is losing 4psi a day out of the (new) valve

Can confirm it makes a difference. I used to have to top up 20psi every week, but with a refurb and a set of new tyres I've been able to leave it for weeks without having to touch them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Doing some remote tuning on my PD150, mapper sends me a file, I road test/log it. Send results and we do it allover again. On file #6 so far and still going.

Original file on it (old owner had it put on) was requesting well over the max boost for the stock GT1749 and was smokey as hell, I would say last nights file was as fast as the original file but smokeless.

Reactions: Connor H

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Another job ticked off! can go in a straight line again.

Cvoe4HLl.jpg

Before
qjgejRvl.jpg

After
VU6vIZml.jpg

Don't think the bolts had ever been undone in 15 years had to get WD40 and heat gun on them!

Reactions: Yellow fr

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Ordered front and rear Strut braces for my car.
God, i hope im busy at work next week. Sitting around staring at the internetz all day is costing me money.
At this rate ill be flat broke by the end of the month!

Reactions: Manic172

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Reactions: Eiigintas

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Took the car out today. No issues until after I parked up and went for a walk. When I got back to it, I didn't have any boost. Will take it out again in the next day or so - hopefully it's just being temperamental. No issues at all under boost beforehand though, which is weird.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Took the car out today. No issues until after I parked up and went for a walk. When I got back to it, I didn't have any boost. Will take it out again in the next day or so - hopefully it's just being temperamental. No issues at all under boost beforehand though, which is weird.

That’s what mine does, sometimes it’s the SAI delete flagging and going limp mode, but I still get boost leak limp modes all the time. I’m at the point where I think the standard map just isn’t coping with the mods.

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
That’s what mine does, sometimes it’s the SAI delete flagging and going limp mode, but I still get boost leak limp modes all the time. I’m at the point where I think the standard map just isn’t coping with the mods.

Fingers crossed it's just a hiccup that'll sort itself out. The car's stock, so there's nothing that comes to mind as to what it could be, but it has been sat for about a fortnight. If I have the same problem when I take it out tomorrow, I'll get under the bonnet and have a look. Want to drive to my parents' for the first time in months in the next few weeks, so hoping it's not going to be something I'll need to spend too much time working on. That said, there have been a few things this year that had me panicking, but they were sorted just from turning the engine off and restarting it.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Fingers crossed it's just a hiccup that'll sort itself out. The car's stock, so there's nothing that comes to mind as to what it could be, but it has been sat for about a fortnight. If I have the same problem when I take it out tomorrow, I'll get under the bonnet and have a look. Want to drive to my parents' for the first time in months in the next few weeks, so hoping it's not going to be something I'll need to spend too much time working on. That said, there have been a few things this year that had me panicking, but they were sorted just from turning the engine off and restarting it.

Took it down the road today. When I gave it a fist full of beans, it did give a bit of a lurch, but after that, it worked absolutely fine. Decided to take it for a bit of a hoon down a local A-road once it had warmed up, and on the slip road I really gave it some so I could get in front of a lorry, and no issues and no hesitation. I should just accept that there doesn't seem to be a problem, but there's that other part of me that's wondering why it did it and what exactly caused it.

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Got no fog lights on. So went to the doctor and find out the plugs have shrinked with so much heat and stop making contact. Hacksaw was the ultimate tool to shorten the inner connection. Now I have fogs! MOP on the way.

Reactions: Connor H
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members