what have you done to your car today ?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Spent the day working out how the n249 works so i can simply it and refit.

Success! Mounted the reservoir at the front upside down and hooked it straight up to the n249. Managed to use vac lines to bypass the n112.Everything else plumbed in to my existing DV lines perfectly. Once i cable tidy it i dont think you'll even notice it.

Will get a better picture tomorrow.

IMG_3108.jpg

And the verdict is in! after running the bypass all year: Im staying with it fitted. It dumps so much quicker crisper now (i even noticed my needle dropping faster on boost gauge) and feels like it picks up a bit better on throttle.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Spent the day working out how the n249 works so i can simply it and refit.

Success! Mounted the reservoir at the front and hooked it straight up to the n249. Managed to use vac lines to bypass the n112.Everything else plumbed in to my existing DV lines perfectly. Once i cable tidy it i dont think you'll even notice it.

Will get a better picture tomorrow.

View attachment 19944

And the verdict is in! after running the bypass all year: Im staying with it fitted. It dumps so much quicker crisper now (i even noticed my needle dropping faster on boost gauge) and feels like it picks up a bit better on throttle.

How much of the system did you actually plumb back in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
How much of the system did you actually plumb back in?

All of it. except the metal hard lines :sick: and the n112 pipes (SAI delete) Those i just left open as i had them

Just substituted all the manky pipes and hoses for vac hose and a couple of T's and a check valve.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
All of it. except the metal hard lines :sick: and the n112 pipes (SAI delete) Those i just left open as i had them

Just substituted all the manky pipes and hoses for vac hose and a couple of T's and a check valve.

Did you get any photos in case anyone wants to follow suit? I’d be interested to see numbers with and without it

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Did you get any photos in case anyone wants to follow suit? I’d be interested to see numbers with and without it

Unfortunately not but if people are interested i could make a guide or something? and If you're keen i can show you if you're ever around essex too.

It was pretty simple but took about 5 hours to work out haha.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Lol I kept everything I’ve taken off the car in a big tub but it’s all mixed up.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Just not the patience to figure it all out in reverse lmao. On the plus I scored a turbo smart kompact dv in immaculate condition for £20 posted!!

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Just not the patience to figure it all out in reverse lmao. On the plus I scored a turbo smart kompact dv in immaculate condition for £20 posted!!

I’ll see if I can fashion a crude diagram tonight , and score! My mate gave me a perfectly good forge Dv and said it was stuck, I got a service kit for it and it’s sweet!

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
I’ll see if I can fashion a crude diagram tonight , and score! My mate gave me a perfectly good forge Dv and said it was stuck, I got a service kit for it and it’s sweet!

Yeah could be believe it. It’s got 34 mm adapters on it at the moment but at a tenner a piece 40£ for a two month old dv is a steal

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Yeah could be believe it. It’s got 34 mm adapters on it at the moment but at a tenner a piece 40£ for a two month old dv is a steal

Super basic but if you're looking at the engine this is how mines laid out underneath the plate that is bolted to the manifold
N249-02.png

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Interesting, I’ve never looked at how that system actually worked

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
That’s a bizarre manufacturing decision lol

I think it’s one of those things where manufacturers think ‘ what can we change for the next model year when we don’t really have to?’ ?
I’d want to keep the mirrors the same colour they left the factory with even if it wasn’t the best decision Seat have made.

Reactions: bruceR and Rich.T

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
The old and the erm well old but not broken side by side..... about 6 tons of engine and 960bhp lol(together) also the old engine had 994,670km and the replacement he 857,000km haha I just worn in lol
20201120_060920.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members