cupragavs LCR progress thread ***few new ideas, comments please***

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
Hey people, thought it was about time i done my own readers thread. I have had the car bout 3 years now i bought it completely standard

100_0608.jpg

I started to mod it after a couple of months of owning it. To start off with i added the forge 007p which wasnt enough, so i added a bmc cda forced induction kit then after taking a trip to gti international i got there to find a deal from custom codes which i couldnt refuse so the car had a remap. Also the wheels got refurbed in high gloss black with polished faces done by Lepsoms in Gillingham,Kent and they did a superb job on them.
And after that i kind of lost interest in the car and stopped buying things for it. But that has stopped as of late when i was looking at getting rid of it for a Focus ST3 225. I went and test drove one and compared to the leon it wasnt as good so i decided to keep the leon and improve on it. So it begins from here:funk:

Here are the latest pics of the car and even these are old will get some new ones soon

IMG_2261.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

This week i have ordered my self some weitec 40mm lowering springs and a piper x panel filter(thanks to some advice from d.k). The car is booked in at Amd next saturday to get the springs fitted and 4 wheel alignment, and i am attacking the standard air box today to smooth it and drill it.

Last edited:

brad1

Looking good mate, you coming to the meet tommorow?? Also will you be interested in a downpipe and sports cat/decat soon. Some of us are speaking with a well known company to make them and if we get enough people we can get them much cheaper compared to some of the other brands :)

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
Yeah am coming to the meet tomorrowmate, i have been looking at down pipes and decat, pipewerx? that will hopefully be next month but i can hold on, need to get the front of the car painted to. Its looking a bit tatty now

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
On the to do list are
down pipe
decat/sports cat
neuspeed arb(advice needed please)
and the dog bone mount
and possibly if i can stretch to it a fmic but not sure on which one

brad1

Sweet :) Its a company called Hayward and Scott who will more than likely be doing them. D.K is going to be the best one to ask about them. But i think it was something like £300 fitted for the downpipe and sports cat, cheaper with a decat tho. Check out jonjays readers ride thread, i know his was only intercooler pipes done by them, but you can see by the quality of them its good products :)

brad1

On the to do list are
down pipe
decat/sports cat
neuspeed arb(advice needed please)
and the dog bone mount
and possibly if i can stretch to it a fmic but not sure on which one

Why isnt the remap on the list ;)

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
good job i didnt go for them lol, was good to meet you last night, i now have another set of wheels i want. OZ Superlegra, what you think? oh and i have signed your crash petition

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
:confused:

oops i guess i forgot!

Send me yer address then - was it a black or a red one you were after? Better send me a PM so we don't hijack Gavs thread!

As for you Gav, I know you want a red one but I've not got any red ones left right now so you'll hafta wait till the next London meet :p

Feel free to drop me a quid or ten ;)

i will go for a quid lol, let me know how much you want mate.

Right then seen as it was such a lovely day today i thought i would take the advantage of washing and waxing the car and get a couple of photos seen as its been a while so here it goes

d28feaaf.jpg

b8a183bb.jpg

ab2dccad.jpg

281bd6e4.jpg

ff6a5e91.jpg

6682fd3e.jpg

ec1529bd.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.