cupragavs LCR progress thread ***few new ideas, comments please***

brad1

I like :) they will look good ;) what size are the alloys mate, also how much did you get them for if you dont mind me asking

brad1

yeah i think so to, the pic is a bit dodgey as my drive is unevan, they would have been on by now but for some reason the rear wheel wouldnt come off:cry:

Once you got all the bolts out, the wheels will still be on tight, i found this out when changing my rear pads the other night, the wheel needed a bit of force to come off. Dont ***** with it!! lol get some force behind it lol

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
Once you got all the bolts out, the wheels will still be on tight, i found this out when changing my rear pads the other night, the wheel needed a bit of force to come off. Dont ***** with it!! lol get some force behind it lol

i wasnt being a ***** about it just didnt wanna brake a nail:roflmao: No in all seriousness it wouldnt budge not even with a hammer

I can lend you my jack and brace if you want?

Thanks mate but after last night i cant be bothered its going into amd on saturday to have springs fitted so they can do it, plus i got a night out in the lorry tomorrow so bit pointless, wait for the weekend and i can stare at it all weekend lol

Vaughny

Mar 3, 2009
Gravesend, Kent
How much are AmD stinging you for the springs?

I did mine in 2 hours with the aid of my mates air tools and ramp. £75 his way all done.If you want I'll take you done there and we can do it.

Have you got new top mounts for the suspension? Well worth doing seeing as the suspension is coming off.

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
How much are AmD stinging you for the springs?

I did mine in 2 hours with the aid of my mates air tools and ramp. £75 his way all done.If you want I'll take you done there and we can do it.

Have you got new top mounts for the suspension? Well worth doing seeing as the suspension is coming off.

They are charging £150 with a four wheel alignment

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Those wheels were a right bargain mate, you done well.
I'm might try and pop over to AmD at the weekend, what time are you getting there ?

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
I am sure they got changed last MOT as i was told they were "worn out". D.K do you fancy sorting out the cold air feed to my ar box as it doesnt go in it it just sits outside where the normal hole was

brad1

If only powerflex made top mounts, they make everything else apart from these lol

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
£!50 is a good price, I'm assuming you are buying the springs from them?

Have a look at this link: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=247153

Dave at Seremotors will sort you out for top mounts.

No I already have the springs but considering it's 4 wheel align aswell which on their website is priced up at £70 don't think it's to bad

if I only replaced the mounts last mot surely they will be ok won't they?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise