what have you done to your car today ?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Still chasing the 17705/P1297 gremlin after changing my map sensor.

Just replaced my old N75f with a updated Febi bilstein version of the 06A 906 283 E. (40 quid worth a punt instead of 80 from the stealers)

First drive and it didnt peak to 12psi like it usually does, and it was sometimes boosting 9psi instead of holding 10psi. It definitely feels less torquey than the old one, but at the same time the delivery was much less rough feeling and it pushed better at around 70mph.

Im going to give it a few drives to let the ecu adjust and see how it performs. Also changed my actuator hose for some vacuum stuff.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Changed the exhaust gas temp sensor because it was throwing a code when the reader plugged the reader in, although didn't activate the engine light. Was also using craploads of fuel because it was running rich. Bought a second hand one for £85 (£280 new at the dealers) and works fine. Was pretty easy to change, just slightly finickity unscrewing the probe from the turbo by feel alone.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Connor H - Take a look at this

Tbh though just took it for a proper drive and this E valve sucks. I was hoping it would cure my constant limp mode issue but I’m tempted to just throw the old on there anyway as if it was truly buggered it would have thrown a specific n75 code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R666ECE

Turbo Reecey
Jun 5, 2013
North East Essex
leon no wheels.jpg

Had this over 7 years now, ave 3K miles per year, thing needs some love now so 1st things 1st, refurb the wheels and while they are off, I will get to work on the messed up callipers.

tons more to do .. but its a start.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Limp mode again today so taking that piece of sh*t E valve off and putting my trusty F on there.

FWIW i did try to get a replacement of F but doesnt seem to be sold anywhere, they replaced it with the E model so not sure whether i'd be buying the right one.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Limp mode again today so taking that piece of sh*t E valve off and putting my trusty F on there.

FWIW i did try to get a replacement of F but doesnt seem to be sold anywhere, they replaced it with the E model so not sure whether i'd be buying the right one.

Prob get one off a breaker for 20 quid mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
Rear axle off for bushes. Main brake line to replace as well.

Attachments

• 20200710_201248.jpg
    20200710_201248.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 91

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Fitted new drivers door catch mechanism and window regulator today. Catch started to get a bit hit n miss so thought id do it before it stopped for good.
Used an after market regulator and not really happy with it. However much i giggled and adjusted it, it still goes really slow on the last 6-8 inches when going up.
Going to order a pucka one from TPS on Monday.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Fitted new drivers door catch mechanism and window regulator today. Catch started to get a bit hit n miss so thought id do it before it stopped for good.
Used an after market regulator and not really happy with it. However much i giggled and adjusted it, it still goes really slow on the last 6-8 inches when going up.
Going to order a pucka one from TPS on Monday.

Thought id take a look at the window regulator again before ringing TPS.
Took the door trim off and lowered the glass so i could see the 2 retaining bolts through the inspection holes.
Loosensed them then operated the window up n down a few times and retightened them.
Seems better so will leave it for now.

Nizza

May 17, 2019
You have had an hour and 15 mins.... is it in yet... hurry up I wanna see if I am gonna order one or not.
Definitely order one, track rod end bolts for hub are missing so ordering some and then ill let you know. Top quality tig welding though. And its nice and light too.

Its a proper race car

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Manic172
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members