Altech's Ibiza, Replacement Is Here! Can You Guess What It Is? Pg 33

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Aye now that's different! I think I like it! :lol:

Fair shout for being different! That takes some doing - you need to update your sig pic now though..... ;)

How's it sound? :D

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Looking good, I've done a similar thing to my exhuast but used an Oval tailpipe. :)

The rear bumper looks spot on. :)

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Thanks for all the comments :D

The exhaust note sounds more beefy today...I think it's settled in now. It's still not loud enough for my liking so i'm going to chop out the centre silencer n replace it with a straight pipe. I've also cut down my rear number plate and put that on, so the back end looks slightly different now.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
It's still not loud enough for my liking so i'm going to chop out the centre silencer n replace it with a straight pipe.

You put in a centre silencer? Or what is attached to the standard system? If so you deserve a slap for putting in a centre box on a derv! :lol:

Take it from me mate - the TINIEST backbox only still won't be loud enough....decat all the way. ;)

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
You put in a centre silencer? Or what is attached to the standard system? If so you deserve a slap for putting in a centre box on a derv! :lol:

Take it from me mate - the TINIEST backbox only still won't be loud enough....decat all the way. ;)

:lol: No noooo i'm going to remove the origional centre silencer. The system that I had made only replaced the back box.

Is it really worth decatting it? Does it give extra sound or would it just be better to chop out the centre silencer?

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
have u de cat urs? how does it affect fuel and back prssure?

Yeh I have - i don't know tbh...didn't notice much. I'll put it to you this way - i did a 50 mile trip yesterday and got 60.8 average mpg....

:lol: No noooo i'm going to remove the origional centre silencer. The system that I had made only replaced the back box.

Is it really worth decatting it? Does it give extra sound or would it just be better to chop out the centre silencer?

Decatting opens up a whole new world of derv noise - it's whether you want the added smell/smoke to go with it or not. I hated the smoke/smell when I got it.....now I love it. You can have so much fun with a smoke shooter... ;) Push bikes being one.....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.