gav_FR's MkI Leon FR TDI - Black with a touch of red - Change of wheels?

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
I thought it was about time to start a thread on my car, so here we go...

The list of mods so far is:
  • Fabia rear wiper
  • Beesting aerial
  • SCN stickers in rear quarter windows :D
  • Re-badged rear end

Updates:

Pictures so far...

Standard, a few weeks after I bought it in April '08:
n676785034_3082922_969.jpg

n676785034_3082923_1287.jpg

Wiper, aerial, re-badged:
DSC00533-1.jpg

I'm still unsure on the FR badge, I might end up totally debaging the rear but I'm going to leave it for now to see if it grows on me.

Aerial (standard vs beesting):
DSC00284.jpg

That's all for now!

Last edited:

holty

Inside a nice VAG
Sep 25, 2008
In the Hills
Looking smart mate. :)
Same as mine. I havent got round to posting any pics yet tho. I'm a slacker!
FR badge on rear looks pretty cool i reckon. I'm going to debadge so it just has the TDI as I think it would look even more stealth.

Last edited:

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I could do my hair in that paintwork reflection........

If I had any hair that is!!

Looks just as nice as in the flesh Gav, very impressed :)

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
Looking smart mate. :)
Same as mine. I havent got round to posting any pics yet tho. I'm a slacker!
FR badge on rear looks pretty cool i reckon. I'm going to debadge so it just has the TDI as I think it would look even more stealth.

Cheers. Yeah I'm a slacker too, it took me 10 months to create this thread!

As for the TDI badge I think it will look good, I tried tons of combinations on Photoshop before I did mine and the TDI badge on its own did look nice and stealthy.

I could do my hair in that paintwork reflection........

If I had any hair that is!!

Looks just as nice as in the flesh Gav, very impressed :)

:lol:

Thanks Chris, your FR looks nice in the flesh too.

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
I got the mufflerectomy fitted today! All I have to say is wow - I love it.

I was going to fit the mufflerectomy myself but I couldn't get under the car enough to angle the old exhaust off, since the backbox and centre pipe is one complete piece, so I went to a local exhaust place who chopped it in half and fitted the new one for me for £30.

I think the car feels more responsive, but that could just be psychological. But the sound is ace. From the outside its nice and growly with a kind of Darth Vader-esque howl noise to it, but from the inside it isn't too much louder than standard which is good. It does roar a bit when you boot it, but it's by no means loud. Here's a video I took on my phone:

EDIT: Just realised in the video it sounds like the exhaust is almost making a popping rumbley noise on the overrun, this is just the wind not the exhaust lol!

Last edited:

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
I have now fitted some black side repeaters. The pictures aren't great and my car is filthy but you get the idea! I'll get some better pics once the car has been washed. I much prefer the black repeaters compared to the standard chrome ones, I think they suit the car better with it being black.

For those who are interested I got the repeaters from www.body-kit.co.uk , they are the AutoArt ones for a Ford Fiesta Mk 6. I had previously tried some from ebay that were for the Leon but the bulb holders didn't fit in. It turns out SEAT changed the bulb holders over at some point and the later ones are compatible with the Fiesta lights.

Pics:

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
Small update on my car, I now have a Cupra R front splitter which I fitted over the weekend. I think it makes the front end look much better - meaner and lower looking.

I also gave the car a good polish & wax so took it out for a spin over the moors and took a few nice photos :D

DSC00054_1.jpg

DSC00066_1.jpg

DSC00065_1.jpg

DSC00062_1.jpg

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
Small update on my car...

Wind deflectors now fitted, I'm surprisingly pleased with these because I was a bit dubious as to whether or not they work but they do, and I think they look great too :D

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

Also fitted a Brodit iPod holder, which was quite expensive but does the job perfectly so I'm pleased. Now I could just do with a new headunit to get full iPod control and song info the display.

DSC00240.jpg

a1exw1nter

Cheers mate. ive gone round a few scrappys asking about one with no joy. One bloke even said i should just nick one! Nob.

liking the tread mate whats your next plans?

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
Recently got a new head unit and have only just got round to taking pics of it...

It's a Kenwood KDC-W7544U. The main reason I got it was for the iPod control and display because I was sick of fiddling about with the iPod click wheel whilst driving along and not having the display on the head unit.

I've got to say I'm really impressed with the head unit, it has full iPod control so it's very similar to use to the iPod interface. It has multiple colour settings for the display or if you want a full colour cycle, but I just leave it red to match the Leon lights. The only complaint I have is that in bright daylight the screen is sometimes barely readable because it's so reflective.

A few piccies:

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00351.jpg