MMCrewcupra

Oct 28, 2006
can anyone tell me where i can order this kit from (internet), iv looked around at so many but im a little confused. cheers
Lee

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Good damm Chinese New Year :(

They've only just posted the HID's (or at least thats what the tracking number says)

Never mind...at least they're on their way.

erick_chumit

anybody have pictures of how the 6000k 4000k 8000k etc look like??? it's because I still don't know which one to buy.....because I don't want a very blueish color, just normal white/blue

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
I've got 4300k and they're almost pure white...a mates got the 6000k on his MX6, and they have a nice blue tint, but nothing excessive...I personally wouldn't go any further than that as the colour becomes a LOT less white!

Here's a quick link to eBoo, seller has pic's of all the colour temps...

eBoo Link

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
i have 6000k and so does a mate of mine, they give off a nice blue colour when warming up, but once warm are brilliant white...with a tint of blue still.

Mr_Magistus

who am i???
Feb 22, 2005
UK
*** fitted a set of these on my leon, but have noticed that the radio signal has now gone really poor when they are on..

Anyone noticed this?

Mr_Magistus

who am i???
Feb 22, 2005
UK
Yeah its so funny really, the radio is perfect until i turn the lights on and then it goes really fuzzy.....

its a real strange one.....

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
When was the radio fitted? I wonder if it's got anything to do with the dimmer wire? That's the only thing that changes when the lights are turned on, as it sends a signal to the head unit telling it to dim. Might be worth disconnecting that?

Mr_Magistus

who am i???
Feb 22, 2005
UK
Its a standard head unit that came with the car. im wondering if there is something touching the car body would that affect it???

one ballast is attached to the water bottle and the other to the side of the battery. Will try taking one out tonite and see if i still have the same problem or if it doesnt affect it..

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
the other to the side of the battery. Will try taking one out tonite and see if i still have the same problem or if it doesnt affect it..

Slight move off topic, there's a tray / space inside the passenger side light housing that you can get the ballast into save having it totally in the engine bay.

Re the test tonight, take one of your old bulbs, and put that back into the original holder & turn the lights on just to confirm whether or not it's the HID's.

Last edited:

Mr_Magistus

who am i???
Feb 22, 2005
UK
Well *** done the test...and its fine without the HID's plugged in. Only next thing to do is take ** out and re-fit **.

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Well thats done me...was almost willing to put money on there being no difference.

The only thing that should be different between Halogen's & HID is that the Halogen blub connector links to the HID loom & not the bulb, how that makes any difference to the stereo is weird.

I say all that making the assumption that you are running via the car loom, and not via a relay loom to the battery...but still I can't see that having any impact.

Re-install is prob 1st place I'd go, but after that ???

Sorry I can't be anymore help mate.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
What part of the country are you in? If you're anywhere near Southampton, give me a shout and I'll gladly let you try my ballasts in your car and see if the problem goes away :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.