Mark's Black LCR 225

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Need pics! Particularly of the interior, spotted you have the "Seat interior silver trim" in your sig and came looking to see if you had a RR thread just to see, sounds interesting! Think I'm gonna order a set of those alloy center cap covers too, they look nice.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Thanks guys I will now have to do the interior as well, so it will be a while:p

Boo, keen to see your interior! Can you describe what bits you've done in silver? Were these bits bought as parts and swapped for standard parts or have you had bits painted or similar?

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
The interior is a stick on trim from Seat, I have just done the centre console, I think it looks ok, you can get a replacement centre console sprayed in gunmetal very cheaply.

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Ok have just fitted the polished charge pipe from Forge, very easy to fit, but I did have a few concerns about the aesthetics of the finished item, as it had some unfinished areas.

But have to say the turbo spools quicker and you can hear it a little bit more which makes the car nicer to drive :)

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Ok have just fitted the polished charge pipe from Forge, very easy to fit, but I did have a few concerns about the aesthetics of the finished item, as it had some unfinished areas.

But have to say the turbo spools quicker and you can hear it a little bit more which makes the car nicer to drive :)
I'm surprised about the quicker spooling as i didn't think it would. Can you get some new and old logs posted so we can take a looksie.

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
I'm surprised about the quicker spooling as i didn't think it would. Can you get some new and old logs posted so we can take a looksie.

There is a restriction baffle in the pipe of the original, and the pipe looks slightly bigger, but that may be my eyes:lol:

I have a fair few things to do at the mo, so it may be some time before I get a log up, I wouldn't say it is an earth shattering difference but it makes a nicer drive with all the London driving I do!

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Little update, I fitted a genuine Seat armrest and it was a bit of a bugger to fit but all is good and it is a nice addition to the car, swapped the air filter, topped up the PS fluid and replaced a rear brake light bulb :)

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Did an Oil change yesterday, used Mobil Fully Synthetic 5-30 with a Passat enlarged oil filter, no fitting problems and adds .2 litre to the overall capacity!

Also cured the leaking rear lights with creeping crack cure, great name :D

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Ok have been a busy bunny over the past couple of days :)

Replaced the wishbone bushes with powerflex ones and have the defcon bush lining fitted in the wishbones as well!

Also fitted new top mounts and bearings.

Tomorrow I am getting four new tyres fitted Dunlop Sport Max, also getting the tracking done, will let you know what she performs like on the return journey :)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members