Mark's Black LCR 225

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Ok did the Driver's Door seal as it was leaking, fix worked perfectly also it seems to have cured a door lock solenoid that was clicking, it could have been me properly connecting a loose connector or maybe the inside of the door has dried out not causing a short!

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
In August I went to Dan Longlife Exhausts Carshalton and asked for a custom exhaust that was quieter than the Blueflame, he made one that fitted the bill exactly and more power + mpg, win win situation!

Plus changed the oil and filter yesterday went for the larger passat filter and miller 5-30 fully synth longlife 504.00.

Im thinkintg of getting a Bluefame mate did it sound nice? Was gonna get Miltek but they aint loud enough and Piper sound sweet but I dont like the tailpipe design,

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Blueflame are good and they used to be the exhaust to have on this forum, but I think sometimes forums can be fickle.

If you want Loud then go to Dan at Longlife he will build you whatever you want for £400, tbh I would prefer to go him than any off the shelf system,

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Blueflame are good and they used to be the exhaust to have on this forum, but I think sometimes forums can be fickle.

If you want Loud then go to Dan at Longlife he will build you whatever you want for £400, tbh I would prefer to go him than any off the shelf system,

I dont want mega loud so its boomy but I wanna be able to hear it and sound nice. Ive had powerflow exhausts years ago. You got any pics of yours mate?

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
With a custom exhaust builder, he builds it to suit the sound level you want and with the tailpipe you want, I think your best bet is to look on youtube there are loads of clips or lcrs with a multitude of exhaust compilations?

Last edited:

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Put it this way if you go to Dan and are not happy with his work I would be amazed and it would take a very good reason for me to visit anywhere else for an exhaust system.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
With a custom exhaust builder, he builds it to suit the sound level you want and with the tailpipe you want, I think your best bet is to look on youtube there are loads of clips or lcrs with a multitude of exhaust compilations?

Yeah I know mate I have had them a few times. I have looked on you turbe and theres a couple I like the sound of just didnt want it boomy on the motorway and the one on my Saxo VTS was proper boomy

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
So just an update for my own service record, changed the handbrake cable and found the hb mechanism on the rear NS caliper had seized, managed to free it off and it is working again now, but also found out it is a common fault and there are some springs produced by VW to remedy it, part number escapes me but they originate for a Touareg iirc!

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAgEKMp98D4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKfNex99c2A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kvjpqH-0h4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXO0xedOuB0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9qxHZ-hN-4

My exhaust hasn't matured yet, so won't sound the same, but have dug up a few on youtube for you!

Main problem I have is I am a crap cameraman, I own a crap camera, and finding somewhere in the middle of london to do a driveby is a little tricky :)

Hey mate,2 of the clips on here are my car:D

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Where's the edit gone on posts, don't seem to have the edit no more :(

Fitted the new forge piston today and I'm impressed makes a noticeable difference, but wonder how long the rubber seal will work being compressed all day long?

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
I was more concerned about the oil vapours from the PCV system attacking it, causing it to break down and chuck bits of itself into the turbo compressor inlet, but Forge inform me it's made from Viton which is resistant to that sort of thing...

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Little bit narked off today, I found out the garage that installed my tip have put the PCV puck back in the wrong way, reinstalled the correct way and instant improvement!

Last edited:

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
The place that changed my turbo a couple of years ago, they managed to put my N75 valve back in the wrong way round, couldn't believe they didn't notice the fact that the car wouldn't boost when they test drove it!

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Yes it's unbelievable to be honest, I don't think there has been a single mechanic I have been to that hasn't cocked something up down the line, that's why I do most of my own work!!!

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Ok just to let everyone know, I am selling this car now, it has to be one of my favourite cars ever immensely practical, economical, reliable, great drive and looks great, look for the as in the for sale section!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise