Mark's Black LCR 225

Feb 20, 2010
ipswich
postpics.gif

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Fiited 2.0T coil packs today with the adaptors and BKR7E gapped to .040", on tickover it seems like a different car and it feels a lot smoother doesn't seem to be any gains in acceleration but the ecu has still got to adapt to the new setup!

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Fiited 2.0T coil packs today with the adaptors and BKR7E gapped to .040", on tickover it seems like a different car and it feels a lot smoother doesn't seem to be any gains in acceleration but the ecu has still got to adapt to the new setup!

Nice...been hearing more about these coil packs being fitted to the 1.8T's

Feb 20, 2010
ipswich

So what are the benefits of this

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Ok just replaced the battery with a Bosch Silver line, I used have a problem with a door solenoid now it has magically disappeared, which makes me think that the battery I had was under par or knackered for a long time!

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Changed from the green to yellow spring in my 007, must admit noticed a difference straight away, even surprised me when it span the wheels coming out of a junction!!!! :)

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Job of the day was changing the injector seals, a couple were leaking between the manifold and injector, swapped them over and the car is definitely perkier, also cleaned the throttle body and air inlet temperature sensor as well!

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
A few more updates fitted in the last few weeks at 72,400 miles.

New Air filter fitted

New Wideband O2 sensor fitted, it wasn't flagging up as defective but after investigation it seems they have a lifespan of somewhere between 60-100000 miles. I changed mine as I know the egts are high on the lcr and will knock the stuffing out of it. I am glad I did as it completely changed the character of the car and I think it will repay itself in terms of MPG and engine safety!

Fitted a blueflame exhaust and scorpion decat pipe, along with spacing out the 02 sensor with washers (will see if this works in the summer). Not very impressed with the fitment of the blueflame it hangs low at the rear and potentially fouls the subframe tunnel, but to be fair I am not sure if this is decat pipe throwing it out of alignment. Sounds good initially a little raspy but as it carbons up this seems to quietening down, spool up is quicker and the engine seems freer to rev!

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
The done thing would be to ask you to post a video so we can hear your new exhaust but given the lack of pics (hint!) in here I guess that's unlikely! ;)

Good result on the exhaust tho :)

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London