Mark's Black LCR 225

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Haha, I get the idea :) Was just teasing about the lack of pics, altho to be honest I can never be bothered taking many myself as I'm no camera whiz either.

Yeah can't imagine doing driveby's down Oxford St. works very well :)

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Did a coolant flush the other day and managed to get 3 litres of antifreeze in after draining and flushing.

Tried to find the total coolant capacity for my LCR as there is always some left in the block after draining, nearest I could find was the TT 225 which was listed as 7 litres!

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Today, I took out half a litre of antifreeze just to bring it back to a 50/50 ratio, and topped up with distilled water, as I found out the total coolant capacity if 5 litres!

Last edited:

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Pmsl I meant the car I don't wanna see your dipstick although I did see Tulisa from n dubz playing with some lucky blokes dipstick today and she's gone right up in my exspectations lol

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Been a busy bee over the last few months, here's the list!

Ds2500 front pads and Seat OEM Discs
Badger 5 Custom remap
Mapped out cat O2 sensor
V2 badger 5 tip
Ths dogbone mount
New Thermostat
New NS outer Cv joint
R32 front arb with bushes and mountings
New NS Arb drop link
Did a Firewall trim modification and replaced it with some off a Nissan Micra, gives a slight gap to get rid of some engine bay heat, you can hear a little more engine noise but I think it has advantages.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Nice list of stuff there, glad you got it mapped eventually too :) Should notice a fair difference in handling and performance now, eh?

Still need more photos btw ;)

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Thanks it's my daily driver and don't want to go to mad with it, the handling is very good, and the chip is great, don't think I want to do much else now, probably just tidy things up a bit!

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
You've got a pretty similar set of mods to me there (brake pads, R32 ARB, DBM (altho mine's an ECS), B5 v2 TIP) so if it feels and behave like mine then I'd say you've got a nicely rounded daily/fast road car there. I'm the same as you, don't want to go too far cos you end up sacrificing comfort and/or practicality a bit.

Only other thing I'd suggest is a rear ARB - with the front being a bit stiffer you may find that while enjoying the extra front cornering grip that the rear feels a bit loose. I went for the Whiteline 24mm adjustable one and set it to the stiffest setting. DPM Performance do them for around £165 I think.

Did you get it dyno'd at Bills? Just out of interest.

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
TBH I don't like Dyno readouts, a lot of the time they are tweaked to keep the customer happy and a lot of the generic maps out there run cars out of safe specs, that's why I wanted a custom map, Bill mapped it to be linear and it gave out 260 on Bill's dyno.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
That was why I specifically asked if you'd had it done at Bill's, he's not known for massaging figures :)

Good result though and good approach to it. No point making big numbers if it's not mechanically safe or useable.

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
In August I went to Dan Longlife Exhausts Carshalton and asked for a custom exhaust that was quieter than the Blueflame, he made one that fitted the bill exactly and more power + mpg, win win situation!

Plus changed the oil and filter yesterday went for the larger passat filter and miller 5-30 fully synth longlife 504.00.