harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
my my platinum grey lcr Fmic arrived

Well got a few more bits this afternoon just waiting on alloy pipe now then its goin on

PB200288.jpg

Just got my 45s aswell just the alloy 90s now:D

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
That looks like the cooler I have on mine, does it definatly fit without modifying the bar as mine didnt....although I think mine could be a bit thicker :)

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
That looks like the cooler I have on mine, does it definatly fit without modifying the bar as mine didnt....although I think mine could be a bit thicker :)

i think so, i have orderd the same 1 stupot has in his fmic build thread and he didnt have to modify the crash bar, your cooler does look good mate :drool: must make people think WTF is that behind me lol

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
i think so, i have orderd the same 1 stupot has in his fmic build thread and he didnt have to modify the crash bar, your cooler does look good mate :drool: must make people think WTF is that behind me lol

lol, hope it all goes well mate.

Don't forget you need a gap between the back of the cooler and the air con rad so the air can pass through....don't sit it against the rads as it won't be as effective :)

Just seen link for that cooler its smaller than mine so prob fit a treat.

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
lol, hope it all goes well mate.

Don't forget you need a gap between the back of the cooler and the air con rad so the air can pass through....don't sit it against the rads as it won't be as effective :)

Ok thanks for that info mate will remember that, hopefully do this next weekend, how much gap would be recomended

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
Well been to awsome gti/seat cupra rolling road day today had a great day and some impresive cars, mine made 261bhp and 290lb/ft so not bad for stage 1, figures are up from last time 257bhp and 249lb/ft so fmic and jetex made a good difference no pic of rr yet but a few new pics taken with catch can and new filter position

PC120291.jpg

PC120295.jpg

PC120303.jpg

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Harty, nice to meet you today. (i spoke to you outside just after yours had been run)

How much did the FMIC set you back including all the pipes,etc?? Thats the same size cooler i've been looking at on ebay. Will prob wait till summer before i get one now though.

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
Harty, nice to meet you today. (i spoke to you outside just after yours had been run)

How much did the FMIC set you back including all the pipes,etc?? Thats the same size cooler i've been looking at on ebay. Will prob wait till summer before i get one now though.

Nice to meet you to mate was a good day

intercooler was 66.99
45 degree silicon 63-57mm long reducersx2 were 28.00
the 4 63mm alloy pipes were 46.00
5x silicone couplers inluding miklor clamps were 25.00
i used 2 joist straps to fit the cooler were 5.00
then just some 8mm pins nuts and washers which were a few quid
forge map pipe i think was 30.00

total 200.99 not bad for adding 40 lb/ft and only took 4-5 hours to fit there is a link to the stuff i used a few posts up mate

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Cheers for that mate....nice little shopping list for me to work my way through! :D

Definately on my to do list now....although its bhp id rather increase, think its torquey enough tbh.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.