Project Black mk1 leon now with steering wheel controls

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
Having bought my car 3 months ago i wanted to keep it pretty standard till my warranty had run out-although im still having things done at the moment regarding the warranty but thats for another day.

£6.5K for car and another £1k later in insurance and i was the proud owner of my lcr
its a 53 plate but late 53 so is the 225 although that doesnt make much of difference as its getting mapped at p-torque.

so far:
fitted forge dumpvalve
green panel filter
smoothed air box-although needs neatening up
fitted hid's
fitted caf to upper grill
fitted new "R" badges all round
and then fitted new headunit,comps and dynamatted the doors.
did a small detail today compared to what some people do,getting the bug for it but wouldnt say im very good (yet)
heres my efforts today using autoglym bodywork shampoo,srp,meguiars clay kit and car plan tyre shine.
i need to buy some better products which is next on my list (after the remap)
whats your opinions on particular products?not impressed with the autoglym shampoo so want something that suds up a bit more.

anyway pics of it as it is,ill get a few pics of my caf,etc when i can

P6030003.jpg

P6030004.jpg

P6030008.jpg

P6030006.jpg

P6030009.jpg

P6030007.jpg

more progress to come!

undefined

Complex Simplicity
Jul 8, 2007
Sheffield
i like this.. not a big fan on black but does look well when its clean. i think i'd be cutting down the plate on the front a little to help show off the leons mean looking front end.

also not a fan of the stickers in the back window. if its ur company why dont u get a van for the adverts and if its not ur company its just a indication that u probably have some expensive ice in the car as wud appeal to some little gypo looking for a a sub and a cd player for his transit.

all in all tho very nice car :D

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Do love LCR's in black suits the car well. But then I'm biased:lol:. Lovely clean car tho mate

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
i like this.. not a big fan on black but does look well when its clean. i think i'd be cutting down the plate on the front a little to help show off the leons mean looking front end.

also not a fan of the stickers in the back window. if its ur company why dont u get a van for the adverts and if its not ur company its just a indication that u probably have some expensive ice in the car as wud appeal to some little gypo looking for a a sub and a cd player for his transit.

all in all tho very nice car :D

once local business fitting is enough i will purchase a van,mostly deal with online selling so its not a justified option atm but it will be at some stage

any products that last well on black to keep them clean?

comments appreciated

Last edited:
looks really nice mate, good effort on bringing out the old shine.

If you want something that suds up, Poorboys Super-Suds is great, about £12-£13 but brings out a great shine and it's really concentrated so it does last.

Polish not sure what to recommend but wax wise i found Dodo Juice blue velvet really good, specifically designed for dark coloured paints :)

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I saw two black LCRs yesterday - still love 'em.

Your splitter's come unclipped in the middle.

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
looks really nice mate, good effort on bringing out the old shine.

If you want something that suds up, Poorboys Super-Suds is great, about £12-£13 but brings out a great shine and it's really concentrated so it does last.

Polish not sure what to recommend but wax wise i found Dodo Juice blue velvet really good, specifically designed for dark coloured paints :)

ive heard good things about dodo juice,may have to try that next then although my waxing skills are pretty poor

I saw two black LCRs yesterday - still love 'em.

Your splitter's come unclipped in the middle.

its not just unclipped,its broken hence why i didnt clean it,new one is sat in garage,just need to get together the time and energy to change it-doctors appointment and very steep entrance=£25 contributed to seat

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
everyone knows what the forge dump valve and cupra r badges look like so havent bothered getting pics of them.
pic of where my caf goes and also where it points to the road :)

P6130006.jpg

P6130007.jpg

caf is routed behind the headlight cover and then just above rad-you can just see the white strip that runs around it,will be adjusted again though wednesday

then piccy of my headunit and parrot kit

P6130001.jpg

wednesday will be sorting the exhaust hopefully as it sits very low and the missus says it wobbles about a lot when shes seen me drive off so possible broken mount and then also fitting my replacement front splitter as my old one was cream crackered from coming out of my local doctors car park [:@] and also neaten up the inside of my air filter box after breaking off all the tabs

after that to do:
-fit underseat sub as i want as much of my boot as poss
-remap at p-torque :D
-mahoooosive detail
-brake upgrade (discs,pads,hoses,fluid)

matt

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
cheers for comments,had a bit of time free tonight so got on with a few on my list of small things to do

-smoothed the airbox so its all neat
-sorted my sticking bonnet catch,noticed this the other day,now nice n free moving after lots of gt85.
-re-positioned my caf so its right behind the upper grill,really pleased with this

from this:
P6130007.jpg

to this:
P6140002.jpg

P6140004.jpg

much better :D and all using oem positioning and then goes behind the headlight cover to the grill :)

wednesday hopefully front splitter and exhaust sort

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
Looks good, and i agree with above, wheels look good, i can't even get mine to look good in pics, haha. They look a much brighter colour than mine, i'm hopeing to have mime refurbed very soon to a light silver.
Top job, looks a very clean motor

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.