Project Black mk1 leon now with steering wheel controls

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
Cheers for comments,still toying with new wheel colour

no chance to do front splitter today due to the weather,too wet to stay out after doing exhaust.as I said previously the exhaust had been quite low and wobbly so sat the backbox on my jack and unbolted the mount,sagged to say the least.
decided to cable tie the mount to make it tighter.then refitted mount then cable tied mount to bracket on the exhaust to raise it further,really hapy with how it sits now.

heres how the modified mount looks
DSC00671.jpg

DSC00672.jpg

may sit wonky like that with it cabled tied down but when on sits nice and straight.

was

P6030001-1.jpg

now

DSC00673.jpg

apologies for poor quality pics,it was raining hard and i had my phone on me only
definate improvement although id like it to sit higher but the box would be touching the boot floor

Last edited:

Fergal84

Aug 23, 2007
Like it a lot mate, just got myself a black lcr and the exhaust sits a bit low too so will have a look and see if what you did will solve it :thumbup:

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
Like it a lot mate, just got myself a black lcr and the exhaust sits a bit low too so will have a look and see if what you did will solve it :thumbup:

just make sure you use quite thick cable ties as the exhaust is quite heavy.
5mm wide were the ones i used.
4 on the mount (2 to each leg) then 3 on the exhaust bracket to rubber mount

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
I had the same prob with my exhaust, but I used a 70mm jubilee clip worked a treat been on there for 3yrs. Its a shame no companies have made uprated mounts like they do for other cars[:@]

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
i dont understand why so many manufacturers use rubber mounts?well i do cos it allows the heat to dissapate but surely a metal mount with rubber points where the exhaust would mount would be ideal.same design as current one but metal then where exhaust a attaches a hole with a rubber surround?

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
was gonna book my car in today with p-torque but didnt have a chance today then on way home my clutch pedal collapsed,straight to the floor!been told by AA i need a new pedal and the mount that holds it in place :( hes rigged me up a temp jobby-proper custom made stuff ;) but its not gonna hold for long-anyone know of anyone selling a clutch pedal?!?!

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
woop woop back on road :D
got the clip from seat- for free!
and then my welding done-for free!
so smiles all round from me :)

fitted my pedal and just need to fit the spring back in again as when i first fitted it it clicked everytime i pressed the pedal down
currently having my warranty work done (which was due 3 months ago) [:@][:@]

and then its back to its finest

on with the modding :D

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
looking dirty as hell atm but have the next few days free to sort that
side reps and silvatec style rear and side rep bulbs came from body-kit,cant rate them enough they have always been top dollar,very reliable.abc side reps,good quality too.

the stealth look is coming on nicely

P6260002.jpg

much better

P6260003.jpg

quick question also,whats the standard badges that come on the cupra r as i have just the cupra r one?
should there be a 20vt one or that just one ive seen on a few thats been added?just curious as they are all gonna come off anyway

P6260004.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
had chance to fit front splitter today, a lot easier than it looks!
other than that the car is a mess on the front bumper-fly fest on it but cant clean it in this heat!

P7010005.jpg

if anyone wants a battered and cracked splitter for free collected you can have it no problem

debadged rear end/front wings and also smoked side repeaters are on
2nd one is also a better quality pic of the recently raised exhaust

off to performance torque now :D

P7010006.jpg

P7010007.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
got back from p-torque yesterday at about 6.30 in the end-m6 FTL!!

Found out i had a faulty MAF and the fact that it was 28c and 40% humidity i ran 196bhp standard!:cry:

after remap ran 225bhp,disappointed with the figures but its all paper to be honest as i can feel a definate improvement in performance.

bought a new MAF today- £52.07 on exchange.all fitted and will be back down to p-torque when weather is better

next is a big clean as its awful at the moment and new brakes next month :)

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
another issue to sort by parting money :(
massive judder,poo acceleration and flashing engine management light-either coil packs or spark plugs.nevermind,means i know it wont have to be done again

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.