The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Well my car was delivered yesterday and I love it already - I for one love the sound although it is very muted. In 2nd gear at low speeds and light throttle I can hear the exhaust burble on the overrun and it even seemed to attempt a few cracks but it’s very muffled. I think the noise is still lurking in there and hopefully tomorrow’s res delete should help bring them out. I suspect the GPF is the biggest limiting factor in the exhaust but even if it were possible I wouldn’t want to remove it as I think that would be a step too far.

Also on a side note - not sure why the majority are so against the soundaktor - personally I don’t mind it at all, I find the sound in mine (think it’s been revised for the Copra but could be wrong) sounds a bit like the Golf R one and doesn’t spoil it in any way just adds to the experience. It only really comes on under high load anyway so I’ll be leaving mine as it is.
The muted burbles will make way for louder pops and even a bang or two when it has some miles on it. If you enjoy those, drop the back seat(s) down, they'll be way louder in the cabin.

I'm looking forward to your sound comparison video!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bgb and Ryosaurus26

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
Little update - I’ve fitted the Pipercross panel filter and the Ramair intake hose & turbo inlet. Very little if any noticeable added sound as expected but car feels slightly easier at the bottom end as the turbo seems to be spooling sooner.

I’ve also fitted the res delete! I can confirm the V3 kit by Vagsport fits perfectly and I’m happy with the sound. Slightly deeper, and the pops on the overrun are definitely louder and more frequent. It’s also not too loud which is how I wanted it - nowhere near as loud as the video I found on YouTube in my previous post but certainly better than standard. Will be interesting to see how it sounds after some miles once sooted up a bit.

I’ve tried to get some video but as expected it’s not the best on iPhone sorry guys!

Omi

Oct 26, 2018
Little update - I’ve fitted the Pipercross panel filter and the Ramair intake hose & turbo inlet. Very little if any noticeable added sound as expected but car feels slightly easier at the bottom end as the turbo seems to be spooling sooner.

I’ve also fitted the res delete! I can confirm the V3 kit by Vagsport fits perfectly and I’m happy with the sound. Slightly deeper, and the pops on the overrun are definitely louder and more frequent. It’s also not too loud which is how I wanted it - nowhere near as loud as the video I found on YouTube in my previous post but certainly better than standard. Will be interesting to see how it sounds after some miles once sooted up a bit.

I’ve tried to get some video but as expected it’s not the best on iPhone sorry guys!

Hello mate, work local to you and am doing res delete as soon as possible. Who fitted it for you and how much please?

Reactions: Mystery290

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hello mate, work local to you and am doing res delete as soon as possible. Who fitted it for you and how much please?

Hi mate, one of the guys at my work did it for me on our lift. I’m not sure who around here would do it to be fair - but my first point of call would be ‘Tints n Tweeks’ in Ashington, they should be able to help you. They are custom exhaust builders and I’ve had stuff done by them in the past and never had any issues!

Reactions: TheLuckys

Xrb

Nov 27, 2017
It would be cool if someone could do a side by side video comparison of the 2019 model vs the previous model exhaust.. anybody can pull this off?

Reactions: TheLuckys

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
It would be cool if someone could do a side by side video comparison of the 2019 model vs the previous model exhaust.. anybody can pull this off?
Would be very cool indeed, sadly I don't know anyone else driving a Cupra...

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
@Mystery290 How are you enjoying your res delete copra? Any droning on the highway?

I'm super curious how it sounds! Really looking forward to your video, even if it's crap quality.

I couldn’t be happier with it to be honest! It’s exactly how I wanted it to be - quiet and comfortable and only loud under heavy throttle! There’s no noticeable increase in drone at motorway speeds either which is a bonus...not sure if this is cancelled out by the 7th gear or the GPF? After some miles the tone has also improved and the pops are much more of a crack and louder, but only in Cupra mode which is also perfect! I’ll try and get a decent video this weekend to give you an impression how it sounds - watch this space

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
I couldn’t be happier with it to be honest! It’s exactly how I wanted it to be - quiet and comfortable and only loud under heavy throttle! There’s no noticeable increase in drone at motorway speeds either which is a bonus...not sure if this is cancelled out by the 7th gear or the GPF? After some miles the tone has also improved and the pops are much more of a crack and louder, but only in Cupra mode which is also perfect! I’ll try and get a decent video this weekend to give you an impression how it sounds - watch this space
Nice! I find the crackles and pops to be more pronounced in Sport mode actually, it seems the sound actor is drowning them out in Cupra...

I just fitted my summer tires this week, so I'll start working on some 0-100(60) shots.

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
Nice! I find the crackles and pops to be more pronounced in Sport mode actually, it seems the sound actor is drowning them out in Cupra...

I just fitted my summer tires this week, so I'll start working on some 0-100(60) shots.

I haven’t actually tried sport mode yet - I have only used Comfort and Cupra - I thought Sport and Individual were somewhat redundant to me - as myself in particular I tend to go all or nothing, if I’m driving around town it’s in comfort and if I want to get moving or have a spirited drive on a twisty road it’ll be in Cupra, I couldn’t see any scenario when I’d want anything in between :shrug: but that’s just my opinion...

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
I haven’t actually tried sport mode yet - I have only used Comfort and Cupra - I thought Sport and Individual were somewhat redundant to me - as myself in particular I tend to go all or nothing, if I’m driving around town it’s in comfort and if I want to get moving or have a spirited drive on a twisty road it’ll be in Cupra, I couldn’t see any scenario when I’d want anything in between :shrug: but that’s just my opinion...
I find that Sport mode gives you 95% of the crazy power (plenty IMO), but without the sound actor going full bananas on you. Try it, I think you'll like it.

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
I find that Sport mode gives you 95% of the crazy power (plenty IMO), but without the sound actor going full bananas on you. Try it, I think you'll like it.

I’ll give it a try tomorrow! I have to admit I really don’t mind the soundaktor as much as most on here, if anything I quite like it...but I guess if it tightens everything up without drowning out the pops that could be fun

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
With the lovely weather and dry roads, I thought I'd do some pulls to 100 (60). The best result I got, 5.4s, was in Sport mode without launch control.

In Cupra mode, or with launch control engaged there's just no stopping the tire spin, and 0-100 times become a few tenths slower (5.6 or so). Maybe with perfect conditions you can shave off .2s or so in Cupra mode with launch control.

I've shot some clips of it as well, which will appear on YT shortly. It wasn't easy to record, as the brutal acceleration caused the GoPro to fly around the cabin a few times...
604ba7d9a1cc0842a47cbac1ce35e946.jpg

Cupra_2019

Jan 25, 2019
H
With the lovely weather and dry roads, I thought I'd do some pulls to 100 (60). The best result I got, 5.4s, was in Sport mode without launch control.

In Cupra mode, or with launch control engaged there's just no stopping the tire spin, and 0-100 times become a few tenths slower (5.6 or so). Maybe with perfect conditions you can shave off .2s or so in Cupra mode with launch control.

I've shot some clips of it as well, which will appear on YT shortly. It wasn't easy to record, as the brutal acceleration caused the GoPro to fly around the cabin a few times...
604ba7d9a1cc0842a47cbac1ce35e946.jpg

How did you record the times? I used my Carista dongle and torque pro app and managed similar times.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-20-19-11-12-117_org.prowl.torque.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-20-19-11-12-117_org.prowl.torque.png
    633.4 KB · Views: 123

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
How did you record the times? I used my Carista dongle and torque pro app and managed similar times.

I simply recorded using the Drag Racer app from the Play Store. It's probably not the most accurate, but I did repeatedly manage these times.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise