VAZY'S GEN-2 mk1 FR+ TDi - gone but not forgotten

VAZY

Hey all. Starting my progress thread as it took a while to start modding, but have now made some changes. keep posted as before and after pics will come soon.

sold to new owner as follows:

- mk2 Leon FR 6 speed gear knob
- mk2 Leon FR steering wheel
- 6K H7R HID conversion
- Bosch Front Aero Wipers
- Skoda Estate Hatchback Rear Wiper conversion
- 30% tint all-round
- Alpine CDE-125BT head unit with iPod direct control
- tinted rear light clusters (including 3rd brake light and side indicators)
- Racing Red Brake Calipers
- 18" OEM Cupra alloys

Last edited by a moderator:

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i guess i'll be taking the pics as well ye? if it weren't for me you wouldn't have such an improved interior ;)

does suit the car

VAZY

just uploading the pic of my new interior. I'm now officially the only mk1 Leon FR with FR steering wheel and gear knob interior makeover :D

VAZY

here it is guys...hope you like!! :D

my interior with new FR gear knob and matching steering wheel:

DSCN2856.jpg

everything working right, nothing loose or feeling odd...i'm well chuffed!

credit goes to my cousin NickyJam for fitting both and customizing the steering wheel :thumbup: it looks well neat and truly feels like an FR now!

VAZY

Wow i like that steering wheel is it a straight fit for the standard one?

fitment was straight swap, but had to alter the airbag adapter...and obviously my cousin fibreglassed over the buttons as the mk1 isn't compatible but you can hardwire a remote cable to the harness which is more expensive and time consuming.

i hope this gives you enough info.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i have been asked by a few members if i made a guide to customizing the steering wheel...unfortunately i didn't make one as i worked on it at the same time as doing uni work, so took longer than expected and didn't really get round to taking pics.

however, if anyone is interested, i would be happy to do the work for them for a smaller fee as I have loads of material left over. PM me :D

will try to get more decent pics of the steering wheel this week

VAZY

got together with my cousin for a few pics of my baby, including a better photo of my new steering wheel :D enjoy

cars_1021-2-09.jpg

cars_621-2-09.jpg

cars_721-2-09.jpg

cars_821-2-09.jpg

cars_221-2-09.jpg

cars_321-2-09.jpg

cars_421-2-09.jpg

cars_521-2-09.jpg

cars_121-2-09.jpg

VAZY

here's my steering wheel:

DSCN2869.jpg

VAZY

ah ok. where did you get it from and how much was it? Ive got the matching gear knob on the way, would like to complete the set :D

managed to find a donor on the bay, 2 leon FR's were on a trailer that was involved in an accident and he sold me both wheel and airbag together at a good price of £300 (took some convincing ;))...so i would say fleabay's your best option

if you need the buttons covered let me know and i could see if my cousin's up for it (if you're local)...or PM him if you wanna do it yourself, i'm sure he'll give you some steps

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
which model leon is this off (mk1 or 2)? ive also seen the same style wheel but with cupra on the bottom. anyone know which car that would be from as my leon is a cupra so would like to keep the theme

VAZY

which model leon is this off (mk1 or 2)? ive also seen the same style wheel but with cupra on the bottom. anyone know which car that would be from as my leon is a cupra so would like to keep the theme

these steering wheels are found in the fr's & cupra's both in facelift mk4 ibiza and mk2 leons, and yes the cupra one comes with cupra on the bottom rather than fr

jastr

So the steering wheel is plug'n play. how about the airbag?? Is that plug'n play as well or what adapter are you talking about??

What if the navigation system works with these remote buttons on the steering wheel would it be possible to map those to the navigation system?? If you take a look at zenec.com they have a unit that fits the Seat perfectly with anything you could dream of incl. steering wheel remote support!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.