My set up and also my work place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Legojon

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
022e3c95c224e6fe26373efa74c7db15.jpg

My set up and also my work place

I was about to say - if it involves lifts or an inspection bay, you can bloody well do one.

What's the matter? Can't jack your car up like the rest of us? Lazy beggar...

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Okay so,

I just ran out there and jacked it up and checked for play Top to bottom / laterally and none what so ever.

Does that help narrow it down? Guess it’s not the CV outer or the ball joint...

Ok is there any movement in the engine can you move it at all
Do you get any other noises when driving? Or is it just set off when you get that noise

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
I was about to say - if it involves lifts or an inspection bay, you can bloody well do one.

What's the matter? Can't jack your car up like the rest of us? Lazy beggar...

I have to jack up a van today to give it a full service pull the rear brakes out and clean and grease them adjust the rear shoes and clean and oil them remove the front brakes and replace them clean and grease everything up then do the timing belt and water pump

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I have to jack up a van today to give it a full service pull the rear brakes out and clean and grease them adjust the rear shoes and clean and oil them remove the front brakes and replace them clean and grease everything up then do the timing belt and water pump

My back is hurting just reading that.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Ok is there any movement in the engine can you move it at all
Do you get any other noises when driving? Or is it just set off when you get that noise

Minimal movement in my engine, compared to my friends inch of movement on their polo engine when rocking it by hand.

Just when braking when coming to a halt and when slowly pulling off, i have some audio if it helps in gridlock traffic so pulling off>stopping>repeat.

Its also pretty clonky on that side too, but i feel like that might be a seperate gremlin.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Going to be sorting my brake master cylinder soon - can anyone confirm that the size flare spanner I need for the brake lines is 11mm? I went out to check on the car and for some unknown reason, my spanner set jumps from 10mm (which was too small) to 13mm (which was too big) so couldn't make sure.

While I'm at it, I'm thinking about changing my brake lines to braided hoses. Is it worth it? If I'm going to be bleeding the system anyway, it's something I may as well do all at the same time. The existing lines are fifteen years and 160k miles old, and if it actually improves braking, so much the better...

Reactions: Manic172

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Going to be sorting my brake master cylinder soon - can anyone confirm that the size flare spanner I need for the brake lines is 11mm? I went out to check on the car and for some unknown reason, my spanner set jumps from 10mm (which was too small) to 13mm (which was too big) so couldn't make sure.

While I'm at it, I'm thinking about changing my brake lines to braided hoses. Is it worth it? If I'm going to be bleeding the system anyway, it's something I may as well do all at the same time. The existing lines are fifteen years and 160k miles old, and if it actually improves braking, so much the better...

If I rebuild master cylinders on something milder always worth some new lines. Last thing you want is an old one to collapse when you’re out and about. Happened to me on a motorcycle. Now she’s got braided lines.

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net

Yeah change them...... new shiney is always good idea..

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
If I rebuild master cylinders on something milder always worth some new lines. Last thing you want is an old one to collapse when you’re out and about. Happened to me on a motorcycle. Now she’s got braided lines.

Any brands that you recommend? Looking around, it doesn't look like I've got that much choice when it comes to the diesel FR, but I'm (probably stupidly) thinking they're a fairly standard item?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.