Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

MIB-Wiki

Oct 8, 2020
As long as nothing outside of the README.txt is done and an untouched download is used, there is nothing even an amateur can do "wrong".
Of course some basic understanding of how-to plug in a usb adapter, copy data to SD card, setup network, run putty and use a linux shell is required.

But I see this as the entry barrier and it is not that high ;)

Feel free to check and come back with any concerns or observations.

Tell

Staff member
As long as nothing outside of the README.txt is done and an untouched download is used, there is nothing even an amateur can do "wrong".
Of course some basic understanding of how-to plug in a usb adapter, copy data to SD card, setup network, run putty and use a linux shell is required.

But I see this as the entry barrier and it is not that high ;)

Feel free to check and come back with any concerns or observations.

& that's what I meant. You need two units if you are going to play and playing isn't for the amateur. You would only need that for mib2 high. The going rate I'm told for getting a UK retrofitter to do it is £100 including postage. Has many attractions

MIB-Wiki

Oct 8, 2020
Yes, prices are finally reaching a resonable level, but only after the solution is out in the wild and documented to a usable level.
M.I.B. - More Incredible Bash is bringing the entry lvl further down, while making the process much safer.

I'm not saying, that people have to do it on their own.
Especially, if they are not confident they can do it on their own or want to take the potential risk involved.

£100 - all costs included - sounds like a deal which should be considered before staring on your won.

Using M.I.B. - More Incredible Bash is just the safest way currently available, even for an expert in the field!

markobc

Feb 2, 2020
Hi all
,seat MIB2 Ateca 2020
FEC NAVI :
00040100Ready4Nav - navigation function activated
can a trick with old nds be used here,
I don't have the original sd ,
idea is cid custom sd card, old nds (0430) and new map ?
thanks in advance

Tell

Staff member
Hi all
,seat MIB2 Ateca 2020
FEC NAVI :
00040100Ready4Nav - navigation function activated
can a trick with old nds be used here,
I don't have the original sd ,
idea is cid custom sd card, old nds (0430) and new map ?
thanks in advance

As long as it's not a mib3 which belongs to the face lifted Autumn 2020 models you can, follow the text "Lost, Stolen and Missing Cards from a Mib2 Standard Unit" in the resource section (overview on the tab above). You need a mib2 card off flea bay can be any year. Put V1 on there, that's you overall.nds file then use with the latest maps.

There is an alternative highly technical solution which retrofitter try to flog online which saves you using a VAG card but if you do it yourself you would probably kill the unit and retrofitter would charge you more than the Vag card with the CID. No point in that. Thats the CID adjustment method described here in German.

Personally I'd stick to the well practised "workaround" getting a flea bay VAG card, any mib2 version and follow the lost, stolen and missing card text then upgrade to the latest maps using the workaround. 1520.

Nb saying that the code 00040100 is unusual although referenced here:

You will know if you have a mib3 and it's not going to work for that. Cars shipped without SD cards, mib2 it works for I know but I don't know what FEC was showing in those (probably that). So you could try the very latest maps on any VAG mib2 card if it's really a mib2 unit with navigation. Could be that if you have an end of the run mib2 standard unit in a 2020 car without a card. Worked for a guy in Israel where VAG cars get shipped without the map card due to security reasons :eek: Or just ask the dealer for a card from their bottom draw.

Seat car supplied without an SD card in Israel worked with a European Skoda card to give the Vag CID and the relative mib2 standard rest of the world map copied onto it. It then took it as a first time installation of the card. I reckon the navigation FEC is then derived from the first card put in on the standard, then a Navigation FeC would appear. Then it's the workaround method there after or the lost / missing card method if the unit has been setup with a card but no card present. Clear as mud.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020
Hi everyone,

I need maps version Europe V4 for MIB1 Seat Leon. Can anyone give me link for download, file should be P36_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT_Q1.13.
I spent more than month to find it, all old links are expired.

Tell

Staff member
Hi everyone,

I need maps version Europe V4 for MIB1 Seat Leon. Can anyone give me link for download, file should be P36_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT_Q1.13.

When I did have a look for you on Xmas eve I didn't find them also. The P40 and P45 ones which I put up in the resource section (Overview tab above) were available when I found the P40 one early in the year. Added P45 as an exam0ple of the Skoda download manager command and decided Seat was mib2 there after. I didn't go looking for P36 at the time. We are fortunate that Skoda keeps a back catalogue whilst Seat and VW don't. Useful for when people loose the contents of the SD card or the card itself. There is a moral here somewhere about taking a backup.

You might find someone who has this release and can share it. Talk of the release is much earlier in the thread... so people had it at the time.

A DIY workaround for mib1 was never found which enables maps to be updated to later releases. The units can be reprogrammed by retro-fitters by opening them up although that is said to be risky. It's believed that mib1 on updates has reached the end of the road with the June 2020 release. People on the German Skoda board are seeking conformation on that one. Checking the VW release site you can see that no release has come out since then for mib1's which falls into line with the 5 year guarantee that they get for updates. If applied to mib2 that means our last release will be June 2025 as mib3 came in across all Vag brands in November 2020 unless its still being fitted in some Seat low end units ?. I doubt they would count ?.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Hi everyone,

Back on the thread the part numbers are also given for the release which gives another Google point

Any VAG card with those part numbers will do if you find one or a link to the maps on a server:

PartNumber1="8V0919866B "
PartNumber2="5G0919866F "
PartNumber3="5E0051236C "
PartNumber4="5F0919866F "
PartNumber="8V0919866B "
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0036"
SystemName=" ECE 2014 "

How I've found old ones in the past....

Reactions: Walone
Dec 24, 2020
Back on the thread the part numbers are also given for the release which gives another Google point

Any VAG card with those part numbers will do if you find one or a link to the maps on a server:

PartNumber1="8V0919866B "
PartNumber2="5G0919866F "
PartNumber3="5E0051236C "
PartNumber4="5F0919866F "
PartNumber="8V0919866B "
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0036"
SystemName=" ECE 2014 "

How I've found old ones in the past....
Thank you Tell,
I will try

Dec 31, 2020
I've been looking at this forum for months but never been able to find a definitive answer about updating the software on my 2017 Leon. My car has hardware version H41 and software version 0462.
OBD11 says there's an update available, 0479 and I see in the Mega link above version 0479 so my question is can I just install that or do I need to install the 2 other updates that are between 0462 and 0479 in order?
Hope that makes sense and someone can help me with this, don't want to go ahead and do it and bork my car!

Tell

Staff member
I've been looking at this forum for months but never been able to find a definitive answer about updating the software on my 2017 Leon. My car has hardware version H41 and software version 0462.
OBD11 says there's an update available, 0479 and I see in the Mega link above version 0479 so my question is can I just install that or do I need to install the 2 other updates that are between 0462 and 0479 in order?
Hope that makes sense and someone can help me with this, don't want to go ahead and do it and bork my car!

Can I re-direct to the firmware thread. I know someone posted up the mega link the knowledge base on firmware is on there

The only cross over on the threads is on navigation mib2 high FeCs but that should be there for DIY activity. This thread is about updating the maps.

Dec 31, 2020
Can I re-direct to the firmware thread. I know someone posted up the mega link the knowledge base on firmware is on there

The only cross over on the threads is on navigation mib2 high FeCs but that should be there for DIY activity. This thread is about updating the maps.
Sorry about that, I'll post in the correct thread.

• Love
Reactions: Tell
Dec 31, 2020
You can update it, the latest version is 515.

You for Technisat/Preh solution, Firmware, Seat and look what you need 475,479,514,515. There is also the patch solution if you want to unlock your unit.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
Didn't realise I could go from 04xx to 05xx, thought 0479 was as high as I could go on my unit.
What's the patch solution, I don't know anything about that?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201119-132317.jpg
    Screenshot_20201119-132317.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 152

Tell

Staff member
Perhaps the rather long title
'Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and lost Mib1 card solution' should be ammended to make it clearer that it refers to updating the maps.

The title got "mysterious changed" when I created the resource, the resource had that title then it was paired with the thread which kept it's title (Thats how old threads get their resource links)... then when I changed the resource title weeks later the thread got renamed. It's the way you tag created resources to existing threads. The web package it's hosted on did the thread title change at the third stage. Bit reluctant to edit the title again in case everything goes side wise. I did explain to fellow mods what happended so the Leon oversight didn't wonder why the 2013 thread suddenly got a name change :unsure: . That's why it happended.

The thread as always remains about the inbuilt navigation map files and why they don't work or work, updates etc whilst the firmware they run on, is on the firmware thread.

Firmware thread:

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.