Craig's LEON FR+ ... Full Paint Correction :) Page 6

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
Have a look at my thread if you want to see a vid of the mufflerectomy. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=206021

I wouldn't worry about the noise, from inside the car mine hardly sounds any louder until you boot it and even then it isn't that loud. And from the outside I think it sounds ace!

Mine does feel a bit less restricted after getting rid of the backbox. I've also noticed that it doesn't seem to be smoking as much as it used to, I wonder if this is just because the backbox was all sooted up lol.

Yeah there isn't much work involved if you have all the clamps etc., the only problem I had was getting the old exhaust off. My mufflerectomy is in two sections: a pipe from the cat back to the backbox then a pipe to replace the backbox, but the standard exhaust is one complete piece from the section after the cat and including the backbox, so I had to take it to a local exhaust place to get it chopped in half to remove it. Otherwise I could have done it myself.

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
Sounds good well im going to work in the morning put it on the ramps and take off the backbox, the tip cleaned up nicely with some diluted acid cleaner, fine wire wool, polish and brasso :) nice and sparkly now, yours does sound good tho ill try get a video tomorrow drive by one would be good too.

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
Yeah I want to try and get a drive by vid too lol. My tip polished up well with some old chrome cleaner stuff I found in the garage but then within a few days of fitting it had all sooted up again, bloody TDI's!!

I'll look forward to seeing the finished job ;)

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
I was going to buy the exhaust you have got was in the for sale section on here then ebay, but i wanted the standard LCR tip to make it oem thinking of removing the side fr badges aswell.

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
The reason I bought it was because I thought it didn't look too different to the LCR one hehe.

I like the side FR badges, but I think the silver indicators make it look too cluttered. I ordered some black side repeaters the other day as an alternative to removing the badges.

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
Update :)

Exhaust now fitted and looks and sounds aswome :) very impressed, maybe remove the cat next, anyways your opinions are welcome.

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

VIDEOS TO FOLLOW SOON :)

Last edited:

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Awesome sounds mate.

Not keen on that TDI badge though!..... and what is it with the "cap thieves" in your area ? wiper cap and toe hook caps both missing ? ....and don't get me started on odd tyres on the same axle (pet hate of mine) ! :lol:

I was hoping my Milltek would sound more like yours does, but even though I went for the non-resonated version its almost too refined. I think same as you - the cat has to go next (funny how every mod done leads directly to another)!! The sound is the only thing that lets a diesel down for me - I hate sounding like a Tesco delivery van but love the torque.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Is it just me, or does it look like your rear beam is buckled ? Just below the exhaust pipe :confused:

Looks like a dent in the rear of it, and the top and bottom edges look like they've spread. As if the rear left wheel has gone sideways into a kerb....

johntheboy

Mar 25, 2006
Teesside - North East
Looks spot on from the back, a hell of an improvement on the twin pipes. Sounds a bit mental when you're changing gear/coming off the accelorator. Myne makes a quieter version of that noise - like it in a way though, whats the noise like from inside and whats it like doing motorway speeds? Take you long to do?

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
HaHa ok answer to the questions

rear tow eye cover missing when i bought it,
fitted fabia rear wiper i got free from work was already missing the cap cover,
bought the car and they fitted 3 new tyres, n/s/r pirelli was new,
nothing wrong with the rear beam no damage just the way the picture is,
cost me £10 for the LCR tip, pipes clamps sleeves etc... i had lying around at work, but exhaust places usually charge around £100,
started at 8, but me being at work i got roped into looking at other cars by the boss so i was on and off but got away at about half 12.

I love the sound and as for the noise, if you drive normally there is no difference at all, from inside no drones no resonences nothing, even when you boot it its the same, you can only here it if you have your window down. :)

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
I quite like them silver now, wasnt keen on them at first and was going to get them done black but it breaks the car up a little so think i might keep it how it is. Looks very pale and grey once cleaned tho :( really needs a full professional detail but at £250 its a fair amount but well worth it.

johntheboy

Mar 25, 2006
Teesside - North East
Wont half notice the difference, wouldnt mind having that done on myne but like you say it's the cost and it's not anything that 'needs' doing on myne. Did you get the issues with the laquer sorted on your roof?

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
The mufflerectomy looks great mate! Sounds just the same as mine too.

I love the sound and as for the noise, if you drive normally there is no difference at all, from inside no drones no resonences nothing, even when you boot it its the same, you can only here it if you have your window down. :)

I can second that!! So have you found yourself driving around with the window down just to hear it too? lol :cartman:

Mine is also in need of a professional detail but like you say £250 is a fair amount to spend on one.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members