emlyn11's mk3 cupra build ..... For sale very shortly :(

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Bloody window regulator/motor etc is the wrong one, only 2 wires going to it.

Just been talking to the guy who I ordered it from and he says there are 3 listed for the car
depending on model. Anyone have a picture of the loom plug by any chance? Drivers side,
it's just that the car is at my sisters so can't get a pic that easily.

Emlyn

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Well, few more bits done. I got a set of wishbones form a member on here :) and fitted my
polybushes to them, now I just need to fit the new ball joints to them when they arrive in the
post.

Also I fitted new injector seals as the old ones were leaking, when I took the old ones out
they were all cracked and corroded (only the lower ones) so was a good job really.

I took off the mesh on the front bumper, which reminded me I still need to buy black FMIC
hoses LOL and re-fitted my splitter.

Oh and I fitted the new front brake disks and pads and gave the calipers a clean up :)

Window saga is still going on, but should be getting the correct one this week.

Pics.....

Wishbones :)

IMG_0218.jpg

Brakes/wheels...

IMG_0207.jpg

General pics
IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

That's all for now, should be a load more to report next weekend :)

Comments welcome

Emlyn

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Thanks a lots people :)

Bowen- part numbers are PFF85-201 and PFF85-204. You need two of each so four in total.

Cheapest place I found including delivery and VAT was from eBay, the Sellers name is candrenterprises1
and they sell all four in the same auction. These bushes are also found on golf mk3's from memory so
don't get scared if it says "golf" on the box :)

Emlyn

Last edited:

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Right, a few more parts have arrived in the post.

A pillar pod, front number plate, also the vagcom lead and some spigot rings.
this wekend I will fitting the following (hopefully):

Wishbones
Lower strut brace
Window regulator
Pillar pod
Number plate
Hammerite the rear arches where the wheels used to rub.
Fix an exhaust blow
remove stains from seats (for the 10th time)

The other day I fitted the battery tray in the boot and some other things which I cant really remember.

So, I'm going to book it in for a new map soon as it's still runing stage 1 REVO on the k03s
and it should be on the road again Easter weekend with a strong tail wind and a bit of luck.

Then it's track day time. Oh, I'm going to buy one of those little camera to record on trackdays too.
Can't believe the qualty for under £20.

Will be getting a rear ARB at some point but I've spent way too much recently so it will have to wait.
I'll also be getting powerflex rear beam bushes but will fit those at work as it can be a swine.

Will update with pic after the weekend.

Emlyn

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
All the above done now pretty much and a load more parts, cant move for the reciepts scattered
about the place.

Car should be back on the road tomorrow :) Can't wait! Got it taxed today which has gone up by the
way to £130 for 6 months.

Got to go down there, fit my droplinks quickly and drive it back home. There are a few things I'm
a bit annoyed I didn;t get around to buying/fitting, but I spent way more than I thought I would so
will have to save up. Next on the list is a rear ARB and uprated engine/gbox mounts.

Few pics from the other day....

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Oh, by the way fitting the rear wishbone bolts when you have the powerflex washers and collet things
is bloody hard work. Because the new collect does'nt allow any play in the bolt the subframe has to line
up perfectly and is was slightly offset on boths sides on mine. I think this is due to the lacke of collets
on the standard bushes allowing the bolt to pull the subframe about under load. Anyway it took far too
long.

Got the bolts out ok though in the first place, lots of heat and work them back and forwards did the trick.
Need to do a couple of bits at wrk where I need proper equipment but other than that its pretty
much done for a while now. I will have to make a proper list of what I have actually done lol.

I have bought 27 different parts for it and deffo havn't listed them all in here lol.

Ta

Emlyn

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Thanks bud :)

Havn't got a rear one, but got a lower and upper front.

Just drove it for the first time since doing everything and it feels
1000% better to drive, soo much more planted, everything on the front has been changed
bush/ball joint wise. Under braking it feels loads more stable and there is generally loads
more grip. Really happy with it :)

Lower brace probably has something to do with tightening up the feel of it. Was quite sloppy before.
Deffo worth the £40 or whatever it costs.

Can't wait for track days now, need to book it in for a new map ASAP and then get a rear ARB.

Thanks

Emlyn

tomf125

Just a quick question, where did you get the little sticker that is still on the right of the back bumper? I think its well cool:D

cheers

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Right finally got VAGCOM working, it's the VCDS lite version which seems to work well at the
moment.

I git 4 fault codes :

1. 18010 - Power supply terminal 30 voltage too low - Intermittent

2. 17834/P1426/005158 - EVAP Purge Valve (N80): Open Circuit - Intermittent

3. 18087 - (think it is EPC related but havn't decoded it yet)

4. 16716 - Knock sensor 2 (G66) signal too low - Intermittent

Knock sensor is the only one thats concerning, also I have noticed some times the car feels
less strong on acceleration and this is one of the symptoms listed on ross tech.

Guess I'll have to check all the wiring and the sensor itself. Anyone got any more ideas on the
other ones?

Thanks

Emlyn

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
I got the REVO stage 2 MAP from AMD Woking on Saturday morning, very pleased with it.

The main difference is how much smoother the engine pulls, feels much more linear and does'nt
have any flat spots anymore. It also feels more powerful top end and although the boost still tails
off it feels as though it gets better towards the redline where as before I always wanted to change
gear much sooner as it felt slower up top.

I have done some logs since and my peak mass flow was 183.19 g/s, not bad

I only saw 180 g/s once on the stage 1 but on the stage 2 it's above 180 g/s for quite
a long time mid/top of the rev range.

I'll get some logs up to compare in a bit.

I had some awful missfiring on the way home so stopped off to buy a coilpack as you do.
Checked on vagcom and all it had was knock sensor 2 siganl too low. Took all the coilpacks
out to see if I could sniff out the rat (you can normally smell the dodgy one) but all was fine.
After I put them all in and cleared the code it has been fine since and I have driven a good 300
miles since then as I was up north on sat afternoon. No sign of the fault code either so don't
know whats going on there.

All in all, I'm happy with it. :)

Emlyn

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Hi mate.

Got it done at AMD in Woking. You will need a custom map for that, not sure if they do it there
or not you will have to call.

:)

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Well had a bit of drama yesterday as said in another post:

My K03s packed up, siezed solid and pouring oil out of the TIP when I took it off :(
So last night I put my k03 back on (luckily I didn't sell it).

All went to plan and seems to be running nicely now. The k03 is deffo more suited to the stage 2 MAP
than the k03s was. It seems much faster than I remember it.

I had ordered a blueflame decat but they have gone bust or something so my order was cancelled :(

Last week I fitted a Nuespeed 28mm rear ARB, have to say awesome mod. Inside rear wheel gets
quite a bit of "air time" haha. Liftoff oversteer is now really controllable and way less understeer too.

Bought some front top mounts last week which I will be fitting shortly, going to need some new rear disks soon too.

I'll get some pics up soon as it has been ages. Gotta start saving for a bigger turbo now I guess.

Cheers

Emlyn

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Nice updates :)

Shame about the turbo though, at least youve got it running well again thats the main thing.

Im really considering some nuespeed arb's myself now

Heard really good things about them

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Cheers mate ;)

Not sure if bother with a front arb to be honest. But the rear one is deffo the biggest handling improvement I've done so far. A lot of the 205 boys take the front one off all together. Front ones tend to bring the understeer back on fwd cars. You can always adjust the rear one too if it's a bit to tail happy.

Emlyn

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.