speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Well, I was getting a bit fed up with the pink rear calipers, so I bought some red hammerite and got to work.

20092008251.jpg

After about 2 hours work both sides were done, looking something like this:

20092008252.jpg

Last edited:

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Just had the following added to the car:

INA Engineering engine mounts (track density dog bone, street density for the other two)
Southbend stage 4 OFE SS clutch kit (with 'cryo treatment') and 19lbs steel single mass flywheel
Peloquin Limited Slip Differential.

WOW - what a transformation. I haven't been able to drive the car hard at all because I am still bedding the clutch in but you can tell the difference these components make straight from the off.

The clutch retains 'stock-like' feel, it might even be a bit lighter than the OEM one - and obviously no slipping like the old one was doing, this beauty is rated for 435 Ft Lbs - just right for the big turbo next year! There is 'chatter' from the SMF but not a lot, only really at idle with the clutch engaged and I will happily rather have this than an OEM set-up - it is NOT as loud as I expected, so thumbs up there - I think it is because I did not go for an ultra-light aluminium flywheel (some are 9lbs !!).

The engine mounts really connect the whole transmission to the car and road. No noticeable extra vibration and instant acceleration. Brilliant and cost effective modification over and above just replacing the dog bone mount which I had done previously.

The LSD really works - I had to adjust my driving style when I added the ARBs, then again when I added coilovers, then again when I went to 19s and now again after fitting the LSD. It really pulls you round the corners - even under normal driving you can feel it working through the car. I can't wait to drive it properly in a few hundred miles.

jamiebennett81

Just had the following added to the car:

INA Engineering engine mounts (track density dog bone, street density for the other two)
Southbend stage 4 OFE SS clutch kit (with 'cryo treatment') and 19lbs steel single mass flywheel
Peloquin Limited Slip Differential.

WOW - what a transformation. I haven't been able to drive the car hard at all because I am still bedding the clutch in but you can tell the difference these components make straight from the off.

The clutch retains 'stock-like' feel, it might even be a bit lighter than the OEM one - and obviously no slipping like the old one was doing, this beauty is rated for 435 Ft Lbs - just right for the big turbo next year! There is 'chatter' from the SMF but not a lot, only really at idle with the clutch engaged and I will happily rather have this than an OEM set-up - it is NOT as loud as I expected, so thumbs up there - I think it is because I did not go for an ultra-light aluminium flywheel (some are 9lbs !!).

The engine mounts really connect the whole transmission to the car and road. No noticeable extra vibration and instant acceleration. Brilliant and cost effective modification over and above just replacing the dog bone mount which I had done previously.

The LSD really works - I had to adjust my driving style when I added the ARBs, then again when I added coilovers, then again when I went to 19s and now again after fitting the LSD. It really pulls you round the corners - even under normal driving you can feel it working through the car. I can't wait to drive it properly in a few hundred miles.

where and how much for your LSD mate?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Sounds like the perfect set up you have there, you must have spent a fortune on your recent mods.
Happy Christmas to me:)

Really interested in the South bend clutch, I really hate my one (Spec stage 1+ Steel fly wheel).
It's rated to 320ft-lbs so should do for my plans.

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
I got it shipped from a friend in USA through thescirocco.com -think it was about £600 in the end with the rubbish dollar to pound rate at the moment.

Junior - I have heard nothing but praise for southbend. and so far they are living up to their reputation with me.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Okay now I'm jealous!!
This is the perfect set up for the LCR IMHO.
Are you coming to the SCN national meet, would love a spin in your car.

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
This really is a lovely car. Defo made me get my suspension next month. Car will be on stilts i reckon lol. Superb car mate and great write-up [B)]

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I almost went for that head unit when I was looking for a bluetooth one, unfortuneately it didn't have the bluetooth set up I wanted. Looks the best OEM + one you can get. Very nice

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
It is a very good unit, but the bluetooth is a little lacking, you can't access your phone book through it for example. But it works for me, I very rarely make calls in the car anyway.

Everyone who sees it thinks it is OEM - until they hear it! A very warm, rich detailed sound.
With no bells and whistles and fancy lights it's very easy to use. Highly recommended.

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Very very nice and I'm sure they help with the braking but IMO not worth the dosh. Better off spent on the fronts

I noticed more of a difference to the braking power when adding these compared with the 330mm fronts - plus they look sooo much better than the standard weedy 256mm ones:

20012008086.jpg

They are expensive, and I probably would not have got them full price - but I got a good deal on them from USA.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.