speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
hehe. I saw that Evo as I drove past. We had just watched the Fast and the Furious. The car park was going a bit mental with all the petrol heads revving their engines and exercising dump valves afterwards...!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
did you part take in some tom foolery?
When the first one came out the wife went with her mate to see it.
They were getting loads of admiring looks form the corsa/paxo mob

jack_FR

sppedinsaxo your car is stunning!! i think the wheels look great and the colour looks too good :D

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
Looking smart mate. I saw you in the gunwharf car park last friday and your car looked mean, i was huddled round my brothers Evo 3.

same i see your car in the car park

i didnt see your car richy but i did notice you and your bro etc in the cinema i was up top :p did you get a bad neck from sitting down the front?? :cartman:

afterwards there were police cars flying past everywhere so i expect there wasa few unhappy people that night

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
I also damaged the steering rack, lost all the fluid, and had to drive with no powersteering back from Monaco...that was not fun - neither was the bill when I got back. So further modification plans are put on hold for the moment.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I also damaged the steering rack, lost all the fluid, and had to drive with no powersteering back from Monaco...that was not fun - neither was the bill when I got back. So further modification plans are put on hold for the moment.

Balls, how bad was the steering weight?
How's the coilovers and the brake s after crash, no problems?

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
It was very very heavy. You could not physically turn the wheel when stationary. A bit better when on the move, increasingly better the faster you went. But still difficult, I wouldn't want to have to do it again.

Coilovers and brakes seem fine. The only damage was to the steering rack and PAS pump (after running it dry for 1000 miles...)

So got the LCR alloys back on the car now, and just bought some F1s all round to replace the frankly scary Yokohama parade spec-2 tyres.

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
I dont really know what I am doing with the other alloys. Ideally I want to find a replacement 1 alloy and stick them back on the car. With selling them I am not going to get much money for 3 and a bent 1!

I thought about some track day tyres, but in the real world driving, with the crap weather we have throughout the year I thought some F1 assymetrics would be every bit a quick on the road - and £200 cheaper.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Thats a shame mate, wheels looks ace on the car. Hopefully you will be able to find another one. Will let you know if I see one around going for a good price

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Taken on the way in to Rolls Royce on Sunday at the Piston Heads Sunday Service..

LCR.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.