Naz - My '98 Cordoba 2.0 16v SX - Now SOLD!

SX Driver

As a Cordofreak Ican say: nice Cordo you have.
What is tHE 2doors type called like in the UK?
Here in Holland it's a SX.

@ SX Driver it is also known as SX here.

Well after a break from much action on here, I’m back and preparing for GTi Inters 2010,
I’m now a married man and modding will be even slower now as got to look at the bigger picture and get a property etc, but still modding lol ;)

got my hottuning/TA Tecnix coilies and got them on last night, stripped the coilovers down to grease and waxoyl the threads so they don’t seize up!

I got them on last night and just guestimated a quick stance and this is how its sitting at the moment, and yes the rear tyres are the wrong sizes as i had to change them immediately and had these knocking about 225/40/16s on the back! lol!! it’ll have to do until after inters!!

Don’t you just hate winding the coilies!! :censored:

its going for tracking/camber on the weekend, and ill re adjust the stance once I’ve got the correct size tyres with the 20mm rear spacers on, currently sitting without spacers.

I’m happy considering these were set on the ramp and just dropped. i reckon the back will need raising and the front can come down a touch more. cant go too low as ive got to keep it practical with the amount of speed humps in brum and the fact that its my daily for work (20 MILES each way)

All I can say is coupled with the lower strut and poly bushed wishbones, it drives great, SOO glad to have got rid of the roly polyness!.

also whilst i was on honeymoon, i had an oil and water leak from the cam seal and the water housing so had them both replaced and a new cambelt kit whilst at it.

full engine and chassis wash, so all looking clean now.

really looking forward to Inters as the last show i went to this year was Ultimate dubs, and missed the Wednesday Coventry meets due to just being toooo busy and i got a wife to look after too:D

I will be on the skooldropouts club stand with rest of my mates and their mk1 golf’s on the Sunday.. So pop over and say hi!!

What do you guys think? I’m sure they will settle a little bit yet too.

before drop!
4626732970_4c369515c7_b.jpg

Coilies Stripped down for greasing

4732225547_b8cd8d7bc3_b.jpg

4732230217_77d9627d5c_b.jpg

4732227919_7e3b0582f4_b.jpg

4732237587_654c8b29d0_b.jpg

Last edited:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
looks lovely naz, cannot wait to see it on sunday :D

also don't do camber and tracking yet, get it to right height first, as the camber will change when lower/higher :)
also where you getting camber done? i need to have mine done

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
greasing :) ooo-er had idea recently of using baja style shok-sox or some form of covers for coilies as someone must make en elasticated spring/shock cover you can just wash as per car and pull down for adjusting, even do them coloured/logo

Rodney, one day we will be millionaire's

looks lovely naz, cannot wait to see it on sunday :D

also don't do camber and tracking yet, get it to right height first, as the camber will change when lower/higher :)
also where you getting camber done? i need to have mine done

yeh i know, but my camber was way out on one side last time and ate the inside of a brand new toyo proxy in 2 months!... it should be fine providing its not a big drop, just going to drop the front about 1 inch but then again it might settle that much on its own over time!

i was thinking about using Tyres R us by Alexander Stadium, they did my old car and did a top notch job.

looking good naz and i will pop over on sunday as im sure afew of us will. car`nt you get the mrs involved with the car lol?

Cheers, im sure we will all bump into each other during the day, youll have to bare with as im still a newbie in person, and dont know whos who by faces :shrug:

The mrs isnt into cars that much, but shes learning :p.. she was going to make it to the show but has decided to let me have a lads day as she wants to go shopping with her girlies instead!

shes promised that she will come to one of the shows this year, so hopefully will twist her arm to come to the biggest and best Ed38!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yeh i know, but my camber was way out on one side last time and ate the inside of a brand new toyo proxy in 2 months!... it should be fine providing its not a big drop, just going to drop the front about 1 inch but then again it might settle that much on its own over time!

i was thinking about using Tyres R us by Alexander Stadium, they did my old car and did a top notch job.

yeah that is fair enough, thought i'd let ya know, save yourself some money :)

oh yeah, i've heard of them, they any good?

Yeh they are pretty good, they did my mates corrado which had been a nut and bolt rebuild, and they did my old polo when i put the coilies on.. never had any problems with them so far, only thing i can say is that they get busy in the afternoons and its best to book!

only thing im kinda screwing about is on Sunday, we might not get to watch the game, mates got a TV in his car with analog reception but who knows what its like in bruntingthorpe.

Spacers still on the list, at the moment its got a cheeky set of 220/40 16s on the back, only as i had them lying around and needed some tyres asap. spacers at the moment it will cause some scrubbage.

Inters was pretty good, best thing was our lad Daryl won the Best Mk1 Golf in show n shine, all the wiring and finishing was done by the mechanic i use, Del @ J.S.M Auto, Midlands. hes a top man!
I was going to bring my COrdy to the stand but got to the show n shine winners announcement, then we were looking to go watch the footy.... wish i stayed longer at the show!

Got all my suspension geometry set up @ Chemix Autocentre in Halesowen, which i must say have done a excellent job, car drives bang on, and with the coilies on the cars giving me the positive feedback and enjoyment which it was lacking purely due to standard supsension!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yeah i looked for ya naz, couldn't see you man, where was you?
oh a mk1 golf? need pics ASAP (i am gonna own one soon :p, my dream car :D)

oh sweet, was it expensive for the geometry? and was that weight set up, camber and tracking?
would be interested in that :)

yeah i looked for ya naz, couldn't see you man, where was you?
oh a mk1 golf? need pics ASAP (i am gonna own one soon :p, my dream car :D)

oh sweet, was it expensive for the geometry? and was that weight set up, camber and tracking?
would be interested in that :)

I was parked on the skooldropouts stand, was opposite the ibiza owners cl stand.. but to be fair our stand didnt have any big banners etc.. ive got to upload the pics at some point, not that i got many.. was tooo hot!

i came over to the seatcupra.net stand and was about to bring my car around bu then the show n shine awards kicked off and we had a couple of cars in there.. one of them being the Yellow small light mk1 golf on bbs.. he couldnt believe it himself that he got 1st place.

our lads are mainly into the old dub scene and they have some seriously smart ones.. new addition was the silver s3 powered mk1 which i was next to on the clubstand.

the geometry was circa £60 but they did everything, Tracking, Camber, Castor and toe, price usually depends on how much adjustment they do. but its a top notch job!,, they also give you the before and after printout.

Last edited:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
oh i did walk past there, didn't see yours :(

i love old skool dubs, want a mk1 badddd lol

oh that is not bad at all, i might have to give them a shout when i get my new wheels on :)

yeah come down cov meet, this week should be a good one, last week alot of cars turned up :)

hey all, not much to to write home about! managed to get a couple of things done.

Got my Windows tinted by LA Modz in Birmingham, great dude and top quality work.. also started doing Carbon Vinyl in a few colours ;)

also got my Heko Wind Deflectors on.

wheels will be getting powder coated in the near future, just havent got round to doing it!

so this is how she stands now plus some random pics also!

Suj, theres some pics which i know you will love in here :D

Lal's Audi outside his workshop
4954084710_b81322efba_b.jpg

4954082922_1714bd2bcd_b.jpg

My Dirty Cordy
4954092340_91079cacff_b.jpg

4954085364_731cfca97f_b.jpg

Some Randoms from JSM Autos
16v ABF-T OHHHHHH YESSSSS!!
Bearing in mind the guy, this guy build this conversion on his drive!! and Del @JSM Autos is finishing some of it. its a WIP and dont worry it will be getting tidied up! the wastegate sounds sweeeet!! 16v turbo KKK turbo/s2 bits G60 Management.
4954082148_b912cf7078_b.jpg

4954080504_a90d6c9366_b.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.