My Carbon bonnet silver Lcr - Project Natioanl meet

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
Ok guys not much of an update at the moment but been informed that my exhaust has arrived so shall get some pics up when i get home before i go and install it hopefully by next weekend. Carbon splitter provisionally bought just need to get home ad go pick it up and pay for from baz. shorter aerial bought and main thing looking at the possibility of getting my wheels re-sprayed for a nice price so question is guys....

What colour do i get my alloys re-sprayed remembering that i plan to eventuallly wrap my roof.

Mark

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
ok time for an update with pictures seeing as im now home.

ok so been spending alot of time sat infront of a pc offshore and it catches lol.

So i went and bought a carbon splitter thanks baz

Old vs New
exhaust005.jpg

Mock up pictures
exhaust006.jpg

exhaust008.jpg

gotta get some screws to hold in place and get it laquered to look similar to bonnet.

Next my exhaust arrived
exhaust014.jpg

Although after inspection of box noticed this
exhaust001.jpg

Not to happy but have contacted blueflame so hopefully shall be sorted

Next that daft aerial had to go so:

Old
exhaust012.jpg

New
exhaust013.jpg

Also my intercooler has been sat so orderd some pipes and clamps:
exhaust009.jpg

just waiting for the rest of pipes to arrive and hoses

Last but not least after 2 months of waiting these arrived although can anyone spot the problem?
exhaust011.jpg

Also awaiting delivery is my new front lower grill bought same one as rob from germany to open up front and make it more aggressive and also got myself a carbon catch can.

Hope this update suffices for just now lol and thanks for looking again

Mark

:D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Broken mounting clip?

Whats happening with your exhaust?
Don't be in too much of a hurray to send this one back as long as you get your one.
BF have been known to forget about picking these things up

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
well the heated seat switches are left hand side so need to get a left hand side airbag and rear window heater to go in the cup holder slot so i can put the heated switches where they are so now gotta hunt for more part numbers as they will be LHD.

Blueflame called 2 mins ago about swapping it out so i predict they will take the old one soorry willie i know what your plan was :lol:.

brad1

well the heated seat switches are left hand side so need to get a left hand side airbag and rear window heater to go in the cup holder slot so i can put the heated switches where they are so now gotta hunt for more part numbers as they will be LHD.

Blueflame called 2 mins ago about swapping it out so i predict they will take the old one soorry willie i know what your plan was :lol:.

Surely you can help willie out [B)] lol

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Mark, if that IC pipework hasn't got beading round the edges remember to rough up the surface that's in contact with the hose likewise with the inside of the hose. That and decent jubilees should keep it together.

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
yeah baz i was intending on either getting a bead welded around or like rob has done use that putty to make a bead. Thanks for the splitter by the way picked it up tuesday

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Saying that i'm sure there will be some in Aberdeen with a tool for beading tube. Aiken Sheet Metal or someone like that might know.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland

LOL, I have one looked out for myself but your realise what I'm thinking;)

Surely you can help willie out [B)] lol
I could say that I can help but Deputy DPJ is on my case big time about me advertising my spares, see signature for details, lol

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
well i would have helped out but exhaust arrived today and the guy took the old one away.
Really supprised as to how quick that was. They said they would build it yesterday and ship same day. Just didnt expect it to be that quick.

So trip to audi garage tommorow with mate who works there to use a FREE ramp and fit it lol. Roll on music to my ear. :D

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
well i can officially say im totally ****ed off. Went to install exhaust today and after tring to remove bolts from old exhaust with failure thought **** it and cut the pipe to bits. Went to remove dp and noticed upon looking at the blueflame down pipe that they have kindly not tapped the hole for the lamba sensor. Superb so car had to be towed home due to no exhaust and now eagerly waiting to phone and swear at blueflame. Also to add more problems they decided not to send me any gaskets for the connections.

Job well and truely **** [:@] :censored:

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Sorry to hear about your bf issues, hope you got it sorted. Car looks good though mate, only just saw this thread but I'll be keeping an eye on it. It'll be interesting to see how you get on with the carbon splitter and V3s together! Oh and admittedly anthracite wheels have been done to death, but I think there's a good reason why...

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
ok so small update got all the exhaust problems but cant get to audi on sat to fit due to going offshore tommorow at 6am but back on sat but unsure of time so determined to get this damn thing fitted ramped her up 20 mins ago. Last thing on the list was to remove the downpipe. Had it off but we were unsure of how to get out. So after reading that you dont need to drop the subframe i went to it. After alot of wiggling and a couple of bends in heatshield its out woop woop. So im now just waiting for a new metal gasket and my exhuatst paste and then all guns blazing sat afternoon to fit it. Shall be a gentlemen and atleast take some pics of the fitting of exhaust.

Thanks for looking a rather excited

mark :drool:

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
ok so finally yesterday i got fed up and decided to get the exhaust on after purchasing a gasket for the turbo to dp. Had no time to take pics as was just me. Also car was on axle stands so a little diffictult to take any but here is the finished product

exhaust018.jpg

exhaust019.jpg

exhaust016.jpg

hope satisfying enough the note that comes from it certainly is for me at the moment :drive1:

next is the wheels when i get home also battery relocation and intercooler if the rest arrives of it arrives

Thanks again for looking

Mark

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
Right update time. Ive been pissing about looking at doing this and doing that and nothing has progressed. Currently in the process of ridding myself of the bbs's and possibly buying 18 x 9.5's if they fit there has been alot of humming and ho'ing. They are 18 x 9.5 ( 5x 100 and et38 ) also i will be fully stripping the interior this week when i get home tommorow and pulling the front bumper off. This is to relocate my battery to the boot (if i figure out what cabling is required) fit the electrics for the s3 seats, cruise control and front mount intercooler. I have also been reading wild willys thread and am gonna look at buying the larger maf housing and building a custom tip seeing as ths seem to no longer have a black one and this seems good from what ive read.

Once this is done a full detail as she is in a mess ( you'll see when i post pics ) , new pressed plates and de-badged

Also at some point over the coming months the coilovers shall be fitted ( when arb and bushes are bought ) as dont see point in fitting them without these and maybe carbon wrap my roof.

Alot of plans but this shall be done by summer i have decided.

Thanks for reading and shall post pics when im home of the progress from stripping to re-fitting

Mark

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.